19. Part One

Athena Kelly

School was about to be a whole mess. I could already feel it in my spirit. I had done lots and lots of praying that my gut was wrong and it would be a super nice day. Boyd and I had been talking all weekend. He told me he was over me not showing up for the date as long as we could still go somewhere later. I got dressed in a basic t-shirt and jeans. I put my hair in a ponytail and slid into some flip flops before grabbing my backpack and heading out. I was on my own today since Amaru was going with my mom.

That was another situation I was nervous about because if my mom doesnt kill her, my dad will. She's in a crap load of trouble. I was probably more worried about my sister than myself.

The walk to school was pretty calm besides it being cold. I left my jacket at home so I was freezing but I didnt want to go back home so I stuck it out.

When I got to school, I headed straight to the cafeteria to get breakfast. They sold hot chocolate for a dollar too so I was going to buy a cup to warm me up some. There were always two lines set up in the morning for breakfast so I headed to the one with the cereal I liked. When I got in line someone walked up behind me.

"Hoes out here just triflin' I swear" I heard and rolled my eyes cause I instantly recognized the voice as Jamina. It completely ruined my vibe. I wasnt hungry anymore. I turned around and walked past her to go find a table to sit at.

"Oh so now hoes wanna run when they get called out on they shit?!" Jamina yelled. Her little posse started laughing. I kept walking towards an empty table I spotted. I knew she was following me but I wasnt in the mood for her today.

"I dont know who the hoe is" I said smartly.

"You! Out here fuckin' around with my man!" she yelled again. I massaged my temples because she was really aggravating. I told her I wanted nothing to do with her man, but behold, here she is trying to start with me over it.

"Bitch I know you heard me!" when she said that, I felt her shove me forward. Before I knew it, my fist connected with her jaw. It was a bad decision because I knew her friends would make their way over soon. People had been silently watching instead of gathering around and making noise like they usually did.

Jamina did what any girl that couldnt fight would do and started pulling my hair.  While she was doing that, I was trying to get as many hits in as I could before her friends jumped in or security put an end to it all. As I swung around to hit her again, someone pulled me away.

"What the fuck is you doin' ?!" the person sat me down in a chair and yelled to her. I looked up to see Boyd. I was trying to calm myself down as well as regulate my breathing. Thank God my hair was in a ponytail today so it wasnt messed up or anything.

"Move so I can fuck her up!" Jamina yelled while trying to get past him to me.