4.

*unedited*

Athena Kelly

The next day of school came alot quicker than I wanted it to. I wasn't thrilled about atteneding at all. Part of me wanted to fake being sick, but my mom worked at an urgent care center as a receptionist so she wouldnt hesitate to drag me down there and have them disgnose me with something.

I got dressed in a basic outfit, tights, a crop top, and sneakers. I then threw on a jean jacket and brushed my hair into a ponytail. I never got dressed up for school. My sister was a different story, therefore I always ended up leaving her in the mornings. 

The walk to school wasnt bad but it was super windy outside. Fall had just began so I was guessing it was the cause of the windy weather. I was thankful for it though, because Florida is infamous for its weather. The hot days are the worst.

I had a project due third period so since I got to school forty minutes early, I headed to the library to make sure my powerpoint was presentable. After a while of minor adjustments to it, someone sat in the seat next to me. My eyes wandered over and I was surprised to see Boyd.

I sized him and directed my attention back on the computer screen.

"Hi" he waved his hand in my face. Not to mention, it was ashy.

"Hi" I mumbled not interested in him. Any guy that slept with Amaru was not for me.

"You always doin' homework and shit. You dont ever do nothin' fun huh?" he asked me.

"We dont exactly have the same definition of fun."

"You prolly read books and watch them informational movies and shit" he laughed.

"I actually do. I'm busy. Can you leave me alone?" I asked him. Attitude was heavily lacing my voice. There was no need for him to come over and pick at me.

"Yo sister got a new nigga?"

So that was what he wanted. "I'm sure if she wanted you to know her business, she would have told you."

"I heard she fuckin' wit' Jamina brother though. That nigga ain't good news. I hear he be kidnappin' bitches."

"Why are you telling me this? It's Amaru you're concerned about right? Go run it by her" I told him.

"Why you talk so white?"

"There's no such thing."