Entry #18- Vote or Die edition

Day 119:

The election is tomorrow. To make up for my 'failure' (stupid untidy cat people!) I've been helping in the kitchen. Maybe I suck at cooking, but cutting people and critters up is my specialty. Some of the guys want to know what I plan to do next. So I gave a speech. Since we can't raid aliens eefectivelly right now, we'll focus on the tribes and new outlanders. We'll get combat robots up in another season and buy lots of personal shields. The Raiderpedes are our biggest asset, next to the big ship chunk we've still got.

That lifted some spirits. I think I can win this without rigging the election.

Day 120:

Since we don't have paper, we made a box for each candidate and everybody gets one stick. You put the stick in the box for the guy you want to vote for. Easy enough.

Evening

So of course, we screwed it up. We should've done the vote in the barracks. That asshole colony somewhere dropped a boomalope on the ballot boxes. One of the newbies panicked and beat it to death. It exploded and killed him, plus it burnt the boxes up.

Of course. We can't have nice things on this planet. Maybe I should vote for spaceship guy?

Day 121:

We're low on medicine so I ordered the hydroponics to skip planting watermelons and plant healroot instead. Yeah, that's gonna win me votes...

Some thrumbos are passing through. Their horns are beautiful and worth a pretty piece on the black market. But, an eclipse hit and we've spent too much time on voting and other stuff to go after it today. Tomorrow, then.

Results

Well, I lost by 4 votes. Bit surprised. Thought I would win. Instead, the bossy rich guy who never fights won. I should kill him and take control like I did the first time. But, there's this feeling, like I don't see the point. Not without SouthernLion and PrincessPeach here.

It was a good run. Who am I kidding? It sucked. Plans failed, men died, sometimes stupidly.

Now the rich guy wants to take over my room, says that the leader should have the best bedroom. I wanted to kick his ass, but whatever. The mountain barracks are much nicer than when I had my bungalow built, so it doesn't feel like a step down. I should be supportive, even if I don't like him.

What am I saying?! I'm a damn pirate! Elections are for pussies!!! Next time he talks down to me, I'll stomp him into the ground! Tomorrow his reign of failure can start.

Day 122:

The other guys have been ragging me on losing the election. They say I'm a fallen king, not so high and mighty, and other mean girl forboting. Fine, fine, a real leader can handle ribbing from the troops. Though I'm having trouble trying to stop myself from saying "I'll turn you into kibble!" all the time.

After lunch, the rich punk yelled at me, saying that I should've told everyone how bad the strategic situation was. He was mad that I sent so many men to their deaths. So I lost my cool and yelled at him. I said because we didn't have the food and water supplies for so many, so sending them to their deaths kept the rest alive.

|It was either that or cannibalism, to be real friggen honest|

Now everybody's mad at me. I think it's time to go. I'm gonna head west, and try to meet up with Princess Peach36 and SouthernLion, get them to join me.

I'm leaving the cloak and the title behind and going back to my fake name Charlie Tyrone. Maybe one of these militarized colonies will take us in? Maybe we'll head to the coast? Maybe I'll even find that cult colony and take them out. Hopefully, that'll stop the Old Ones.

I'll write it down when I get there.