Entry #10 and change

Day 70

A strange escape pod arrived. When it popped open, a woman fell out. /It\ She was a cat thing. Cat person with pointy ears.

When the ladies carried her to the doc, some of the guys dropped their tools and dicks

When the ladies carried her to the doc, some of the guys dropped their tools and dicks. She's a little pretty but so what? We're pirates, damnit! We're not supposed to be impressed by one weirdo with a tail!

Me and one of the engineers talked to her when she woke up. She spoke Galactic so we culd understand her. Turns out, her ship was shot down by the big black ship we got a picture of. Says her name is Winto and she comes from Orassa, about 500ly from here. Was on a deep space mining job in this sector. Talking to the engineer and some of the guys, some know of Orassa from their contact with other human colonies.

Anyhoo, she decided to join us since her people will never find her and any signal we can send will take longer that she is willing to wait. Says she's a robotics engineer. After lunch and the crew staring at her, we decided to put her on night shift research. She got really excited when we decided that. Her tail swings when we talk about robots.

We're gonna have robots! Robots! She says she can build us cleaning and hauling robots in a few weeks. Man, I feel so excited! If I had a cat tail, it would be swinging right now, too!

Day 71

Damn I wish we had robots now. Two of the slaves killed each other when they hit each other with the harvesting tools. Turns out they were from rival hubworlds. Why does MY colony attract so many weirdos?

A caravan came by from our neighboring friendly colony. That glittered-haired woman messed with my head again, and I bought some game cartridges and books, plus all of their raggedy ass clothes. I was going to punch myself when PrincessPeach36 and Winto dug through the clothes. Sure, they're crap, but Winto found a hat she can wear in the fall.

Winto says the books are engineering textbooks. With the engineers help, she can use them to build human robots, which would take less time than Orassan models. I'm less excited about this, but the sooner I can get people off cleaning duty, the better.

Sent 10 assblasters out to attack the new tribal colony. Received 30,000 silver pieces and 40 go-juice from our drug colony. SouthernLion is kicking ass with the drugs, but she hasn't had much luck with special supplies from space traders. Wants us to send her fertilizer and speed skins. Says speed skins make you work hella fast and run hella fast. Ain't that somethan? Didn't think ships sold actual crap and advanced glitterworld tech at the same time. Shows what I know, huh?

Day 72:

It's Doctor Kim's birthday. I was going to give her a present of sake, but she died. Fibrous mechanoids clogged her heart. Sad. :(

Lost 2 good men and 4 assblasters when a rabbit was munching on our snowbeets and turned manhunter. A freakin' forbotin RABBIT tore open the throats of two assblasters, then jumped between Ace and Ricky when they were shooting. They shot each other through the hearts. 2 famers went after it with clubs, didn't land a single hit. Damn thing bit their dicks off. Never thought I'd see the day a damn rabbit would take out 6 humans and need 3 turrets to stop.

This is too embarrassing. They're going to the kibble pile. Every part of the muffalo, indeed.

Night:

Spoke to Winto after dinner. Says she's not done researching but the books have helped jump start her progress. I asked her what she needs to build robots. She gave me a general list, and it involves lots of components. Fun...

So, after talking with the engineering staff, we need a workbench to build robots, which to build we need components, which we don't have enough so we need to build a Component Assembly table...which we need 30 components to build. We currently have 15. Oh joy...

Day 73:

As soon as I got a message about a trade ship, I raced to the comms console. Fortunately, I got Grobnack Arms on the horn. These cheap chizzling forborts want 50 silver each for a pile of parts. REALLY?! I tore into his ass like an angry housewife at her robot slave. Then he hung up on me.

Joan came in for breakfast and caught the tail end of it. Told me to take a break and she'd handle it. An hour later, she managed to talk the guy down to 40 silver each and now we got enough for the workbench.

So I looked at the parts. I coulda went to Price King on my homeworld and gotten the same shit for 4 silver! "Fuel costs" he says. Thrumboshit, I say.

We're gonna need more cash. I'm sending over 4 newbies to Southern Lion to work the fields. But she needs components too for the growing lights. So, I sent out some of the old folks to search for crashed ship bits. Hopefully, they'll be back tomorrow with plenty of parts.

After lunch we got two new arrivals. That puts us at around 80 members. I'm feeling pretty good about my chances against the cyborgs and monster men. So tomorrow I'm sending out 4 squads of 10 men against the outlander colonies south of here. Expecting ez wins all around and just maybe we'll get some components.

We had a ton of components after the crash. Where'd they all go???