Entry #7

Day 50

I got a radio message from SouthernLion, which is something I completely didn't expect. She didn't make it to SaltyTown. That solar flare 4 nights ago knocked out their data watches and they couldn't find their way through the mountains. They continued where they thought they were going to- but found nothing but a bunch of empty buildings. One of the assblasters was a hobby farmer and he found some pychoid plants growing nearby.

So they decided to make a drug colony. We're gonna have yayo and flake by next season! Forbort yeah! 

I'll miss SouthernLion for awhile. She always made the best boomrat stew. 

Day 52

A bulk goods caravan came by the colony. Apparently there's one colony we haven't attacked yet. I knew I was forgetting something. But there are sooo many survivor colonies. I knew the cruise had many people. I didn't realize this planet would have so many crashed colonies. Must've been the site of one of the those forever wars I heard about.

So these happy go lucky colonists probably don't realize we're pirates. I think they were on their way elsewhere. Their lead negotiator walks up to me. She's got glitter in her hair like some glitterworld princess. She shows me her price list.

 She shows me her price list

lots and lots of crap

I was about to send her on her way, when she blinks a lot and this weird, homely feeling just washed over me. I don't know why, but I bought 200 pieces of rat leather, 18 poor quality 1% strength tuques, 12 bags of potatoes, 18 bags of flour, 12 bags of terrible chocolate, and 20 pilas. And we sold them half our medicine, 12 components, all of our ibuprofen, and two of our shotguns. Somehow we still lost money on the transaction. I don't...can't even...

I thought about Melanie the sparkle princess for a while at dinner. Maybe she'll visit us again? Then some of the glitterworld newbs were talking at the table. Said I was crushing on a transgender. What the??? She was a he this whole time??? It's been two hours and they're still laughing at me!!!

Nobody hoodwinks Boss Panther!

The engineer says that another trade ship is due in soon, probably to trade with the other colonies. I put some of the assblasters to work after training- got 'em mending and salvaging the tuques and leathers. We can make booqoo silver on this stuff when the textile traders come by!

From pain to profit, that's the Boss Panther way!

Day 53 

We have working transport pods and a chemfuel refinery! You know what this means...sieges baby!!! Who's the best pirate? Boss Panther, that's who!

Evening

One of the engineers was using the telescope and wanted to show me a ship he saw approaching orbit. He printed off a photo and handed it to me. 

Never saw a ship like this before

Never saw a ship like this before. I shouldn't be worried, should I?

Just before I went to bed, he busts into the dining room with another shot, this time of one of the moons. 

Abandoned world on the galactic rim, my ass! Now the crew's all up in arms, wondering if we're gonna be attacked or rescued or whatever

Abandoned world on the galactic rim, my ass! Now the crew's all up in arms, wondering if we're gonna be attacked or rescued or whatever. I told them to settle down. They're at the moon- they ain't gonna bother us because they already would have. 

I hope they're going after the creepy black ship...