Chapter 8- Holding Pinkies *Edited*

Start from the beginning

Even though it was just a cover a serious debate on which is better commenced.

Fifteen minutes later and now craving Red Vines the bell rings and we make our way to class.

I have Carter in my first class so we walk together.

“Are you ok?” Carter asks;  a tinge of rage in his voice.

“Ok?” I asked confused.

“Yesterday. Adam” Adams name said with so much hate.

“Oh! Uhm, well yeah. I guess. I mean I am a little scared-“

I jump from shock as Cater punches a locker leaving a dent in it upset because I’m scared.

“No! Not scared, I used the wrong word!” I rushed out grabbing his fist and unclenching it. I look into his eyes and see so much anger. And hurt? I try to calm him down by looking at him and he does. I’m holding his hand now and rubbing his other arm to keep him calm.

“Carter, I’m ok. I’m perfectly fine. I meant to say that I was shocked. Shocked that he would do that. But you helped me ok? I’m better because you came and helped me.” I say assuring him that I’m ok when inside I’m shaking with just thinking about having to face Adam again.

He sighs, “LC. I should’ve been there earlier before he even got his hands on you.” A tear falls.

“You’re my sister, LC. I should’ve been there for you.” My heart is so full because even though, by blood I have only two brothers, by love and support I have four. But my heart also breaks because I hear the hurt and guilt in his voice.

I wipe his tears away and say, “Carter stop that! You can’t be with me every second of every day. You couldn’t have known what was happening and yet you still came and saved me.” I say putting stress on the word “Saved”. “And I thank you and love you so much for that. Stop feeling guilty. I know that you’d do anything to protect me and I you even though you probably wouldn’t let me fight for you.” I joke trying to lighten the mood.

He chuckles and wraps his arm around my shoulder and we start walking to class.

“Damn straight.” He jokes.

I’m now walking to History and my nerves are all messed up for two reasons. One because Adam has this class with me and two because my mate will be in the same room as me for about an hour and a half. Deep breathes I think. Deep breat-NO! No breathing. Stop breathing.

“What are you doing?” Blake laughs “Are you holding your breath?” He asks amused.