Chapter Fifteen

Waiting for Alpha James to call back was like waiting for ice to melt. Time seemed to slow down. I wanted to rush back to Moonlight and rescue my siblings now, but I knew that would be stupid and a trap. We had to be right about this. We needed to get most of them out of that forest for this to work.

"Hailey," Derrick says, "we need to know exactly where on their territory the dungeon is located."

"It is on the far southwest side," I tell them. "Close to Bloodstone territory line. We can get to it from there."

"OK. Good we can get them and go to Bloodstone. But this could cause a war between the packs, and we are willing to do this as long as you are sure they are there," Thomas says.

"Yes I am sure. I could smell my father's scent outside the door. I know it is there," I snap back at him. This is when Derrick walks over to me. He puts his hands on my shoulders and turns me around to look at him while he spoke.

"Let's get some fresh air. We have about two hours before James calls us back. You can use a little break from being inside this room," he says to me. I nod. I don't want to do anything but go to Moonlight. I need to get them and help them before they die in there.

As we were walking out the door, Derrick turns to Joshua and tells him, "Link me if James calls sooner or there are any major problems." Joshua nods to his Alpha and we close the door behind us. Walking through the house with Derricks hand in mine, guiding me, I can't concentrate on us. All I can think about is getting to them, and how did I not know they were there.

Did my family know all this time that I am who they wanted? Or did they think I was her before I didn't get my wolf. Is that why they all disowned me after my 18 birthday? This is likely the reason. How did I not smell them in that dungeon all the times I was in that area? I know my father told me not to go over there, but what teenager listens to their parents?

"Hailey, do you want to show me all of your powers?" Derrick asks me. "It might help release some of your tension, and before you say anything, it is flowing off you right now. Your scent has changed since you left my bedroom and I know it is because of your siblings."

Letting out a deep breath that I didn't realize I was holding in until now, I realized that we walked about 200 yards away from the house and at the beginning of the forest. I looked around to see if anyone was around that could see me using my powers, but....

"I ordered everyone to stay away from this area. You don't have to worry about anyone seeing us," Derrick tells me.

I smile up at him. How did he know that was what I was thinking? Realizing how quiet it is I nod at him and let him guide me into the forest.

"There is a clearing up ahead that you can practice at. It is private and there is also a stream close to it, if you need to use it," he says.

"Thank you," I say to him. Seeing the clearing through the trees; a small smile forms on my face. Wildflowers blooming everywhere in the meadow, but not lavender, I am not sure what kind of flower these are but it smells of honey and vanilla. It relaxes me and helps clear my mind to focus on what I need to do. If I am going to be able to protect all of us and get my siblings rescued I need to focus.

"I want you to help me Derrick," I tell him.

"What do you mean?" he asks.

"I need you to fight me or charge at me or distract me. I need it to feel like I am in battle," I tell him.

"You will not be in battle Hailey," he says flatly. "I can promise you that as your mate."

"I have the ability to put up a shield and catch someone on fire, or have a tree root wrap around their body. I think I am more capable in a "battle" than most of your actual warriors," I say to him angry.