Late Night

(One year and nine months)

It was currently 3:35 AM, and neither of the boys of the Wentz and Stump residence were asleep.
In fact, they were more awake than they'd been in a while, and neither of them were sure why.

It wasn't like they were doing anything exciting, either. They were just literally laying in bed staring at the ceiling in the dark in their boxers (and Patrick in one of Pete's shirts, that he'd never lead on to, but loved wearing).

So why the hell couldn't they sleep?

"You still awake?" Pete asked in a tone that of similar to a first grader at a sleep over past ten O'clock, when their parents had told them to go to bed and they just didn't, and they felt so cool.

"Yeah," Patrick responded, sighing, and turning to face Pete. His boyfriend immediately caught on, letting the smaller boy crawl into his arms, resting his head on Pete's shoulder and draping one arm over his chest, and one leg over the older mans.

"You tired, or? ... " Pete asked, trailing off.

"Not at all," the blonde mumbled, obviously irritated in the current state of insomnia.

"Me neither."

"You never sleep anyways, vampire boy."

"Only so I can watch you."

"Because that's totally not creepy."

A gentle chuckle went around the room, and it fell back into comfortable silence.
It was silences like these that got Pete thinking about Patrick. About life. About his future. And most importantly, the combination of all three of those things.

"Do you ever want to get married?" Pete asked, rather randomly, and caused Patrick to jolt out of his day(night?)dream and back into reality.

"Well yeah, if I found the right guy, I'd want to marry him," Patrick responded casually, and even if he couldn't see Pete, he tilted his head in the direction that Pete's face was, and if possible, he could practically feel him contemplating his response.

"Have you?" he asked, after a far-from-okay amount of silence.

And Patrick was faced with the brutal reality that: yes. Yes he had found the right guy. Pete Wentz, the love of his fucking life, the one he was currently laying on. And then he was faced with an even worse -- or better, really -- reality. Either Pete was going to propose, or they were going to break up. Simple as that.
And Patrick doesn't think the latter is on the list of possibilities, currently.

It was a delayed answer, but a final one, an important one, and Patrick found himself rather sure of it.
"Yeah. I think I have."

"I think I have too."

Suddenly, Patrick was a lot more tired than he let on. And those words, those confirming, matter-of-fact words, put his mind at ease.

"Goodnight Pete. I love you," he mumbled, before snuggling into him further, making sure that every possible place they could be comfortably touching was definitely not put to waste.

"I love you too Patty Cakes. Goodnight."

((oh spook whats this leading to,, lmao totally not obvious. anyways thanks for the read, and again, once i get to a certain point suggestions for the human versions of this couple will no longer be taken!! so comment that shit!!))