Meeting the Family

(Two months and two weeks and a half)

"Patrick, there's no way your family is that bad," Pete insisted, making a sharp turn when Patrick gave him the instruction a bit too late. Patrick sighed in response, sitting in the passenger seat.

"You haven't met them yet."

"Well that's why we're doing this then, right?"

Patrick nodded reluctantly, slouching in his seat a bit. "It's this blue one up here," he directed, Pete pulling up to the curb.

The neighborhood was small and pleasant, a little bit out past the city in the suburbs, where he's lived all his life. His house was one of the smaller one's on the block.

He sighed again, just to make a point of him being upset, before trudging out of the car.

Patrick waited for Pete to lock the car door with the clicker and come up to stand next to him on the path way to the door, looking over the house, before he made the comment, "Okay, let's leave."

Pete rolled his eyes, kissing Patrick's head and letting his hand rest on the small of Patrick's back, before ushering him in. "It'll be fine." he promised, before Patrick knocked on the door, and his mother and father opened the door too soon for his appreciation.

"Patty Cakes!" His father greeted, earning Patrick a deep red blush, making Pete hold back a snicker. His parents took him in for a warm welcome, grinning like they haven't seen him in years. It's been a few months, at most.

"Mom, Dad, this is Pete. My boyfriend."

Patrick's dad smiled wide, shaking his hand and greeting him kindly, his mother, not so much.

"Boy friend?" She asked, with a hint of shock in her voice.

"Hi, Mrs. Stump." Pete greeted, trying to some how justify himself.

"Now honey, lets be happy, because obviously our little Tricky is." His father argued, almost as if he's said it before. Patrick knows he has. Patrick knows his mom knew he was gay, because he told her himself. Patrick ALSO knew she knew that he was bringing home a man. None of this should've been a surprise, like she was acting.

"Well Patrick, what about a lovely young girlfriend?" She asked. Patrick rolled his eyes. His father only looked embarrassed, and Pete looked slightly taken back.

"Thanks, mom, we're leaving now." Patrick hissed, taking Pete's hand and abruptly turning, stomping back to the car.

"Love you!" His dad called out after him, and he responded with an angry, "Love you too, Dad." before both boys got into the car and drove off with out a word.

"Patty cakes." Pete snickered, almost choking on himself trying not to laugh. Patrick flicked his ear, crossing his arms and sighing.

Pete looked over knowingly. "Hey." he purred, reaching over to rest his hand on Patrick's thigh.

"It wasn't that bad. At least you have parents." Pete said softly. And Patrick only nodded.

((Authors note: So hey lemme explain some of this shit real quick. Obviously this story doesn't go along quite with the story on how they all met individually, and obviously they don't live where they do now ( i figure they all live in LA because fuck it) so basically they're still in a band, but i won't be talking about that as much, and Patrick Joe and Andy have been buds since like kindergarten or something. Patricks the youngest, and he 'moved in' with the other boys at around 16, officially at 17 when his mom kicked him out for being gay. His dad is really supportive but his mom isn't s o he's got that going on. Pete's parents died in a car crash when he was like eight so he's been living with his really fucked up uncle, which is why Pete doesn't drink now (alcoholic uncle, bet your ass i'll write about it). U h they're both pure bois. Pete lives alone now because he got his parents wealth from (ironically) their car company when he turned 18, so he's like fucking set for life. Not super rich, but for sure enough to get by. Pat, Joe and Andy all have really shitty part time jobs and they split rent, but they make a lot of money from the band. Pete's like 5'9 (ish)? and Patrick's still like 5'4 lmao. The amount of time at the beginning of each chapter is how long they've been together (Duh) So yea. If y'all have more questions just ask .