The First 'I love you'

(Three months and two weeks)

Pete had decided he was going to take Patrick on a romantic get away. It's been three months, and he thinks its high time they celebrate their relationship because it had been going so well.
Pete had also decided tonight was going to be the night he told Patrick he loved him.

"Where the heck are you taking me, anyways?" Patrick questioned, a blind fold over his eyes and his arm crossed (he was pouting, his cheeks all puffy. Pete thought it was the cutest thing).

"Just be quiet and watch your step," Pete directed, taking a hold of Patrick's arm and leading him to a tall grassy hill on the far outskirts of town, where you could actually see the stars.

"We were in the car for like twelve hours," Patrick complained, almost tripping as Pete stopped him abruptly at the top of the hill.
"Is this a kinky thing?"

Pete chuckled, removing his boyfriend's blind fold so he could see the amazing candle lit (which probably wasn't very safe) picnic Pete had set up.

Patrick just gasped, smiling wildly and looking about, continuously gasping at the views all around. "Pete- this is - you did- wow I - Pete, you did this?" Patrick stuttered, turning to his taller, glowing boyfriend. Pete only nodded, gesturing to the blanket on the floor.

Patrick quickly took a seat, and Pete followed.

"You like it?"

"Pete, this is freaking awesome, I can't believe-" interrupted by another gasp, and an amazed squeal of "You brought rootbeer?"

Pete nodded, grinning as Patrick brought the can to his chest and hugged it tightly, swaying and smiling jokingly.
"You rock Pete, I-"

"Patrick, I love you."

The night was suddenly silent, and Patrick looked at him.

"W-what..?"

"Patrick Stump. I love you. I'm in love with you."

When Patrick smiled softly, meaningfully, but only looked at the sky, Pete could feel his heart twitch.

"You mean it?"

"Yes."

Patrick finally looked at him, ears and cheeks pink.

"I love you too."

((I feel like this had to have more,, but at the same time i like how ominous it is,, anyways thanks for the read guys <3