Author's Choice

(Eight Months)

((Hey. Cool. My choice. I'm going to make them fight :) ))

It was nearing midnight and Pete wasn't home yet. He promised Patrick they'd have dinner tonight. Again.
And he was taking another late night, with out telling Patrick. Again.
Perfect.
He's done this almost every night for the past month.
Patrick was getting pretty fucking tired of it, if he says so himself.

Pete finally got home at 12:08, and Patrick needed to talk to him. He stood at the door, arms crossed, and cheeks puffed out. Pete thought it was cute, but he could tell his boyfriend was angry.

"Pat? What's the matter?" Pete asked, putting his things on the counter and approaching to hug the blonde. Patrick pushed him away, stepping back, and Pete looked hurt.

"You okay..?"

"You're late."

Pete's heart dropped, remembering he promised dinner.

"Oh, babe, I didn't-"

"Don't 'oh babe' me. You've been doing this for a month." Patrick hissed, eyes welling up with tears. He's never had a doubt in their relationship, but right now- maybe he's- maybe he's-

"Are you cheating or something?" Patrick asked, voice giving out at the end of the question.

Pete frowned, his heart leaping out of his chest, and anxiety washing over him.

"What? No, no, no, no, no, no way, Patty, I would never-"

"No, don't call me that, tell me the truth. Are you cheating? Why have you been working late, Pete? You just don't want to be around me or something?"

Pete shook his head quickly, once again trying to take Patrick into his arm, and Patrick once again denying him.

"No, I would never, Patrick I wouldn't do that you know me," he said, worry in his tone.

Patrick just shook his head, looking away and crossing his arms. "What ever. If your work is more important than your boyfriend, I guess that's cool." he muttered, turning to go to his room.

Pete grabbed his shoulder, and Patrick yanked it away.

"Patrick, wait,"

"No. No. I'm going to bed. Don't bother getting in bed with me, I don't want to see you right now," he said, his tone dripping with venom, a tone he's never used to Pete.

It's been two days since Pete and Patrick's fight, and Patrick hadn't seen Pete at all. Well- when he did it was accidental, trust him. He saw him in the kitchen, and Pete tried to apologize, but Patrick just shoved him away and said something like 'Don't you have work to do'.

He might've been a little bit harsh. Just a little. But Pete totally deserved it, right?

It was around 2 AM. Patrick couldn't sleep, so he padded to the kitchen to get some milk.

Pete was in the living room, crying.

Crying? Wait- Pete- was crying?

Patrick frowned and almost tripped on the sight, making a soft stomping noise. Pete hushed, turning around and getting up, enveloping Patrick in his arms as an entirely new riot of quiet sobs seeped into the smaller mans neck.

"P-Pete, what're you-"

"Patrick I'm sorry, I-I'm sorry, I'm sorry that I was working late I just- didn't prioritize you enough and I'm sorry and I'll never do it again but Patrick I can't- I can't sleep alone another night I need you, I need you to- to be next to me I can't do this alone I- I -I can't, Patrick I, I can't sleep alone again I- I, it's- it's too much Patrick don't- don't leave me- please, please, p-please, Patrick I -"

"Pete, hey," Patrick hushed, hugging him back and stroking the taller man's hair, eyes wide from the stammering confession his boyfriend had just made. And while it was an awful thing to say, what Pete was telling him was some of the sweetest things he's ever been told.

"Pete it's okay, I forgive you," he said genuinely. Pete responded with a high pitched 'yeah?' as if Patrick would change his mind.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry I got mad."

Pete whimpered out "Okay," and Patrick's heart ached. He'd never seen him like this. This vulnerable and sad.

"I love you.."

"I love you too Pete. Let's get to bed."

((I love them. okay thanks for reading as always - im still a slut for doritos))