Anniversary

(One year)

Yes, he'd been waiting the entire time they'd been together. And yes, he had memorized the date. And yes, he was going to make it the best day of his boyfriend's life. And yes, Pete Wentz was most definitely in love with Patrick Stump. So Pete had planned an entire day just to prove it.

It begun with getting up at the butt-crack of dawn, before he could ever fathom Patrick getting up, and making his adorable sleeping boyfriend pancakes.

It was seven by the time Pete had finished making breakfast, and he brought it up to his newly woken angel.
"Patrick?" he asked, smiling softly as he set down the tray of food in the smaller singers lap.

Patrick just yawned, rubbing his eyes, and looking over the food. "Pete, what's this?" he asked, smiling gratefully and looking up at the darker haired boy. Pete smiled. "Happy anniversary." he chimed, kissing Patrick's forehead and crawling into bed with his own food, careful not to topple over the trays.

Patrick blushed madly, smiling like a goof-ball and dug in. "I love you so much," he praised through a mouthful of pancakes.

Then, they'd just cuddle until lunch. And Pete'd take him out to the park.

" 'Trick?" Pete asked, waltzing into the living room like the happiest man alive, grabbing his coat. "You ready?" he asked, watching his boyfriend frown at his reflection in the mirror, tugging and yanking at his shirt in all different ways to try to get it to fit best.

Pete came around behind him, pressing close against his back and wrapping his arms completely around Patrick's hips, burying his nose into the crook of the strawberry blonde haired boys neck. "You look adorable," he cooed, and Patrick blushed.

"You say that every day," he says softly, smiling still.

"Because it's true every day."

The park was a hit, Patrick got to sit on the swings and look at dogs on the other side of the park, talking about how much he wished he could have some, but then complaining about how much it sucked being allergic to anything with fur.
Pete just kept a tight grip on his hand, smiling and talking back, barely able to contain himself for that night.

Second to lastly, they'd cuddle some more, and when dinner came around, Pete was going to take them out some where nice. Really nice.

"Should I dress up?" Patrick questioned, more to himself than anyone else, but Pete responded anyways, "well it's very nice, and I'm sure you'd look great all dolled up," he purred, purposely missing Patrick's cheek and giving a quick smooch to Patrick's neck, making the singer blush and shiver a bit.
"I guess I will then."

And he did. And he looked nothing short of incredible.

Nothing too fancy, just a dress outfit. Church pants (not that he ever went) and a dress shirt, nice shoes and a bow tie. But Pete swears the only thing better he's seen Patrick wear was nothing.

Patrick only had a glass of wine and some shrimp, being a seafood lover, and Pete had gotten a steak. What? It was their one year. They could treat themselves.

And now, what he's been waiting for.

Pete waited for Patrick to be sipping on his wine, nothing edible in his mouth before he began.
"Patrick Stump." he said, and just hearing himself say that name made him smile. Patrick smiled too, looking up at Pete, resting his hand on his head like he knew Pete was going to recite something cheesy, and he was completely prepared for it.

"The last year with you has been magical. More than magical. I love you more every time I look at you, and as this years' gone by I've realized how hard it is to be apart from you. How badly I want to show you I want this to last."

Patrick was blushing now, his smile never fading.

"So I got you a promise ring," Pete said quickly, unable to wait. He pulled it out of his pocket, revealing a golden band with the words 'property of Pete Wentz, forever and always', in tiny lettering engraved on the inside. Patrick laughed at that, but only stared, grinning and blushing at the band.

"Pete," he began, obviously speechless.

Pete wishes he could get it on tape.

"To prove that I really do need you. Want you. Have to have you. And this ring will be proof of that until I can find something a little more ... " Pete smirked. "Permanent."

The older man slipped the ring onto his boyfriends ring finger, smiling at the perfect fit, and Patrick just eyed it like he'd never seen something so shiny.

Pete raised his left hand as well, showing Patrick the matching ring on his finger.

"So, Patrick. Will you have me? Officially? Forever and always, until death do us part, until I ask you to be my husband?"

Patrick just turned a darker shade of red, nodding vigorously and smiling. "Yes, yes of course I'll have you."

They sped home, and once again Pete was right, Patrick looked wonderfully good wearing nothing, but now he looked a little bit better with that shiny new ring of his.

((oh sexy times ;) likes and comments are appreciated as always <3 thanks for reading))