Coming Home

(Four months, two weeks, and one day)

Still no reply. It had been the entire night, and almost the entire day, and still no reply.

Did Pete hate him? Did he actually move away and leave Patrick? He wouldn't do that .. right? Pete had said he loved him, right? Right. So- there wasn't- he wouldn't.

There was a knock at Pete's door (Patrick's been house sitting while he's been away, which honestly had only made him more lonely), and Patrick frowned. Mail man?
He went to check, slumping over to the door, thoughts of Pete leaving him filling his mind and worrying him extremely.

He answered the door, lost in his thoughts so much it took him a full twenty seconds to realize it was his boyfriend who was there, suitcase and all.

"Hey, Patty Cake," he smirked, dropping his bag and holding out his arms invitingly.

Patrick gasped, making an unfamiliar squealing noise and jumping onto Pete, too enveloped in his presence to worry about whether or not Pete could even carry him. He could, and Pete wrapped his arms around Patrick's bum to hold him up, grinning. "You missed me?"

Patrick nodded into Pete's neck. "You didn't answer, I thought you left me," he said, rather quietly, and Pete's heart ached at his tone.

"You know I'd never do that 'Trick, I wanted to surprise you," he said, walking into the house carrying Patrick like a child, leaving his bags on the front steps.

Patrick pulled away, just enough to kiss his cheek, and grinned. "Don't do that again."

"I'll take you with me next time."