Chapter 30 [📱]

Start from the beginning

I smiled at her to show I was okay and caressed her hair. The action came so naturally to me, the same way the tears did. "I just... really love my sister, I guess."

She let out a cute giggle and grinned at me. "I love you too, Y/N. I also love that necklace."

My eyebrows furrowed as she walked past me and sat on the table. I touched my neck and felt the smooth chain under my fingertips. Fumbling with the clasp, I held the necklace in front of my face in wonder. It was a small silver guitar with a silver pick beside it.

It was a beautiful necklace, no question about it. The only thing was that I don't remember buying it or someone giving it to me. This morning just got weirder and weirder by the amount of things I couldn't explain. It was like someone plucked important memories from my brain while I was sleeping. Studying the guitar pick, I noticed a phrase engraved on it.

Stay with the people you love.

It was such a random phrase and yet I felt like it was important for someone. But was that someone me?

My sister's laugh pulled me out of my thoughts. I watched as my mom tickled her sides while she tried to wriggle away from the assault. My lips involuntarily formed into a smile as I watched my family happy—contented. It didn't matter who this necklace belonged to or who it was from. What it says is right.

In my case, Sam and my mom were the most important people in my life

And I would do anything to keep them—to stay with them; the people I love.

-//-//-//-//-//-

"Hey, Stuart?"

"Hmm?"

"Have you ever had one of those mornings where you don't remember anything?"

Stuart looked up at me from arranging some noodles on the shelves. He looked more annoyed rather than the amusement or curiosity I was expecting. "Is that your reason for being late today? You forgot you had work or something?"

"N—no. And I told you I was sorry." He only grunted and began sorting the products again. "It's just, this morning has been really weird. You know how sometimes you get up to do something and then when you've walked like five steps, you suddenly forget what that something is and then you're left standing in the middle of the room looking like an idiot?"

"Well, the best way to go about that is to go back to where you came from then wait two minutes and you normally recall after that."

I chewed on my lip and mulled the idea over in my head. "Yeah but the problem is, I don't even know where the thought came from. I just... feel like I'm forgetting something."

He grunted and bent down to grab some Lay's from the box. "Just give up. If you can't even remember it then it's not important."

At any other time, I would agree with Stuart. However, at this moment, there was something inside me telling me not to give it up. That no matter what happens, I need to find out the things I was missing.

"By the way," I said, pulling out the necklace from my pocket. "Do you recognize this?"

Stuart made his way towards me, his eyes glued to the glittering silver I held in my hand. He took it from me and began examining it in his palm. "Where did you get this?"

I groaned. "That's just the thing, I don't know. I woke up this morning and I had this around my neck. The only explanation I could think of is that I had a wild night filled with booze and drugs to the point that I can't remember anything anymore and I got that at some point."