Chapter 13 [📱]

When I opened my arms the next morning, my arm instinctively reached out beside me. My brows furrowed when they clutched nothing but sheets and I forced myself to sit up and greet the morning.

I moved to the side and peered out the window. The weather looked perfect and the waves were lazily making their way to the shore. I had to admit, I felt a little grumpy this morning because Camila wasn't in my arms when I woke up but I wasn't angry. How could I when her presence gave me nothing but pleasant dreams?

Luckily, the sudden resurgence of memories seemed temporary. Or at least that's what I'm hoping. I didn't want anymore accidents like yesterday because I could've literally died. And for what?

One measly memory of how my son of a bitch father was nice once?

Yeah, no thank you.

After brushing my teeth and making sure my body and face were ready to greet Fifth Harmony, I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen. Before I arrived, however, I could already smell eggs and bacon. I poked my head in the kitchen and saw Ally sitting beside Lauren with Camila sitting across from them.

"Morning, guys," I greeted.

Ally and Lauren smiled back with Camila standing up and giving me a kiss. "Hey, you're awake. Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, luckily," I answered, taking my seat beside Camila. "Nothing hurts so that's good."

Ally smiled and handed me a plate and utensils. "That's good, we were all worried about you. Now eat, you need it."

I was about to reach for the bacon when Camila took my fork and placed two eggs on my plate. "Here," she said, excitedly, "I cooked these eggs for you."

I couldn't stop the smile that appeared on my face. There was just something incredible about having the love of your life cook for you. "Did you really?"

Camila's smile faltered and she looked down at her hands. "...no." Well that was short-lived.

Ally snickered the moment I looked at her and Lauren had her hands over her mouth, trying hard not to laugh. "She burned five of them," said the older girl. "I didn't even know it's possible to burn eggs."

"I did not!" Camila defended.

"Wait you can burn eggs?"

"Apparently," answered Lauren.

Camila's expression turned smug as she crossed her arms. "Now aren't you guys proud you learned something new from me today?"

I just laughed at her poor attempt of redeeming herself and ate some breakfast. Ally started to tell us some stories about her baking when I felt Camila's arm wrap around my waist. I didn't even notice how she moved close enough to me for her to do that but I wasn't complaining. After breakfast, I inquired on Dinah and Normani's whereabouts and found out they were in the game room upstairs. They got bored after breakfast and asked Macy to open it so they can play some pool.

"So, what do you guys wanna do today?"

They looked at each other but it was Ally that spoke up. "Nothing extreme I hope."

I chuckled and remembered that I had the vacation planned out in advance with Phantasm. Lucky too because I couldn't wish for anything yet since Lauren still hasn't cliff dived.

"Do you guys want a private sightseeing boat ride around Acapulco?"

"Private? Is it your boat?" Lauren inquired.

"Uh huh."

"Why do I always forget you're rich?" Camila chimed in.

I laughed and kissed her forehead. "Because you're not after my money."