Chapter 24 [📱]

"Baby, I don't know about this. Maybe we could reschedule or—ow ow!"

Camila was pinching my cheek as I checked my reflection in the mirror. I tried reaching out to pinch her cheek back but she kept dodging my attacks. Once she let go, I was whimpering as I watched my cheek grow ten shades of red.

"You didn't have to do that!" I cried out.

"Well you don't have to be a big baby now, do you?" she countered.

"Oh that's a negative, ghost rider," Macy quipped as she walked inside my room. I rolled my eyes as the two girls rose in tandem to bully me and looked back at my reflection.

One week after the accident, my foot was almost healed completely. The painkillers helped so much and being nursed by your girlfriend wasn't bad either. However, getting better meant that you could do things like a normal person again. Now, I wasn't opposed to that—no complaints whatsoever. But that also meant that Camila can make me do things she wants.

And that included meeting her parents.

"Look," I said as I turned towards Camila, "it's not that I don't want to. It's just that... I mean... I already met them, you know? Wh—why do I need to meet them again?"

She just crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at my sorry excuse. "But not as my girlfriend."

"She got you there, buddy," Macy quipped.

"Macy, you're supposed to be on my side."

She feigned hurt and shock. "Y/N L/N, I am in no one's side... except Camila's."

Camila gave me a smug look as I buried my face in my hands. "I can't win with you girls, can I?"

"No, no you can't," my girlfriend said, giving me a quick peck. "Now come on, we don't want to be late."

"Fine," I groaned. I followed Camila out of the room but not before I heard Macy say 'whipped' under her breath.

My mom was in the living room watching TV while a guard was seated beside her. I wasn't even sure if she was really watching it or she was just staring at nothing again. After that day, she hasn't spoken or made any movement to indicate any sign of consciousness. It was like she was only a hollow shell of herself now.

I felt Camila's grip tighten as she watched me staring at my mom. I gave her a quick kiss on the head before I made my way to the living room. The guard nodded at me as I knelt in front of her. Her eyes were still blank and lifeless.

"Mom, I'm going to meet Camila's family today." I paused but there was no response. "Wish me luck so Alejandro won't kill me." I cupped her cheek and kissed her forehead. "I'll be back soon."

I quickly made my way back to the foyer. "Let's go," I told Camila. But before I could open the door, she grabbed my arm and turned me around. She looked at me and wiped the tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"Save your tears for when my parents interrogate you."

I chuckled and realized that Camila knew exactly what to do to make me feel better. She was my crutch, my guardian angel—ready to support me whenever I needed it. God, I was so in love with this girl.

We held hands as we made our way to my car. Now that the sadness I had over my mom was gone, the anxiousness of meeting Camila's parents came back. As I drove to her house, I kept trying to regulate my breathing to calm my heart down.

"So, how's Lauren?" I asked, trying to distract myself.

"She's better now. We met a few days ago and she apologized. But I think you still need to talk to her because she thinks you hate her."