Chapter 9 - Graveyard Love

Chapter 9

Graveyard Love

I didn't see Ashton again that night. I tried to avoid Michael seeing as I felt guilty for using him just to make Ashton jealous. Michael didn't say anything about the hickey that night curiously enough. I went through my days concealing it with makeup and turtle neck sweaters.

Today's the first day of school since break and I was making my way to English.

Jane Eyre was probably one of my least favorite books. I wanted to know Ashton's thoughts on the book but then I remembered I had asked him to never speak with me.

I saw Ashton sitting in his usual seat next to mine.

I make my way and before I could even sit down I hear the faintest whisper, "slut."

I snap my head towards him and he's looking at me with pure hatred. Fear rises through me. The look his face holds shows as if he could cause so much pain.

Suddenly he leans over his desk towards me and I bite my lip from nervousness out of the close proximity.

"I'm going to make your pathetic life a living hell," he snarls and my eyes show nothing but fear.

He pushes away from the desk and leans back, smirking. I turn away from him, tucking my hair behind my ears.

What did he mean? Was he going to hurt me?

Thankfully, for the rest of class, he ignored me.

__________________________

He did it. He was making my life a living hell. He really was.

When I had gotten up to leave English he tripped me. Sending me flying towards the ground and the whole class laughing.

Then in the hall, he'd follow me to my classes shouting out "There's the slut!" or "Skank" or "Whore of the year award goes toooo....Dalia Golightly!"

Everyone in the hallways stared at me as he followed me shouting out the meanest things.

I hate him.

Right now, I was making my way through the parking lot hoping that Ashton wouldn't see me. Before I could even make the last few steps to my car I was pulled back and pushed against a...a black Jaguar car.

Ashton.

I look up to see his eyes. A menacing smile forms on his lips.

"Come with me," he demands.

"No, I asked you to stay away from me," I say and try to push him away. He grabs my wrists and pushes me against his car once again. A sense of deja vu falls over me.

"Oh shut up we both know that's not what you want. Get in the car," He takes my wrist and opens the passenger door.

He pushes me in pain and I stumble inside my head hitting the dashboard.

What was he going to do to me?

He slams the door shut and I watch as he sprints towards the other side of the car and gets in.

No words are said as he pulls out of the school parking lot.

"Ashton whatever it is I did to make you angry, I'm sorry. I won't do it again I promise."