Uh Oh There Goes (Road trip pt 2)

"-and that, is how you successfully dock a charter boat."

Aaron Burr had just tuned back into his kidnappers' conversation. The two were happily engaging in unimportant chatter, as if they hadn't just appeared at Burr's house and thrown him into the back seat of a minivan.

"Anyways, what have you done today, John?" Hamilton casually asks as if he hadn't just gone on a 45 minute tangent about docking ships.

"Haven't you been with me this whole day?"

"Oh...yeah... What'd you do today, Burr?"

As Aaron opened his mouth to answer that question, he found himself closing it shortly after. What had he done today? Let's see... he woke up... had two frozen waffles... and was kidnapped. Yeah, that's pretty much all.

He couldn't say that though, Hamilton and Laurens had probably had very eventful days- or not, he would know if he had been paying attention.

"Well... I woke up."

"Yeah... and?" Laurens eyed him from the passenger's seat.

"I had breakfast, read the news and... took my cat for a walk."

"You don't have a cat."

"Well... I got a cat.. and then took it for a walk."

"Cats don't go on walks...?" Hamilton looked at him through the mirror.

"Actually, my old cat Snickers used to walk around my neighborhood with me. On a leash and everything." John looked slightly proud of the statement.

"Well then I guess your story checks out, Burr, but I've got my eyes on you." Hamilton sighed.

"Where are we going, anyway?" Aaron glanced out the window on his left to see a street sign:

'Washington Heights'

Burr caught Hamilton grin for a split second before turning onto the road.

"Washington Heights." He sang to a sort of tune. Hamilton did that- sang certain names or phrases, including his own name, to specific tunes. Burr usually ignored it but found himself humming them later.

"Wait, I thought we were stopping for dinner?" John seemed about as confused as Aaron was, thankfully.

"I know someone. We can go over to dinner, there's plenty to eat-!" He did it again. Another tune. As if rehearsed.

"I am so scared." Aaron strained his eyes ahead as they turned onto the street.

•••
Woah, it went into reality. It won't stay that way, don't worry. This is still a text story. Also, sorry this chapter's short, but I dance camp just ended so I'll definitely update soon.

Thanks for reading the chapter!