Haechan (2)

Depuis le début

Maybe this is my chance to impress her!

"Stand back, I'll get them for you." Donghyuck jokingly puffs out his chest, causing (y/n) to chuckle.

"Well okay, Mr. Hotshot." She steps back, crossing her arms. Donghyuck cracks his fingers, stretching out his neck, before pretending to stretch his legs. "We're not running a marathon, Donghyuck." (y/n) reminded him, who just blew a raspberry in her direction.

"Whatever. I'm gonna get this Alpaca if it's the last thing I do." He then puts a coin into the machine, slightly jumping as son loud music begins to play. "you didn't see that." (y/n) just rolled her eyes, looking through the side of the glass.

"No, move it to the right." (y/n) said, Donghyuck sticking his tongue out and shushing her.

"I wanna do this by myself." He hummed, continuing to move the crane, despite what (y/n) was saying. He then confidently pressed the button, watching the crane fall on to the Alpaca and raise it slightly, before dropping it. "WHAT NO."

"Move aside." (y/n) playfully bumped his hip, taking his last turn. Donghyuck just watched with a small pout, his arms crossing over his chest. His eyes then slowly widen as (y/n) easily gets the alpaca, now holding it in front of him. "For you." She winks, handing him the light blue Alpaca.

"I-I made it easier for you!"

"Sure you did, Donghyuck."

After the arcade, Donghyuck and (Y/n) went out for ice cream at a parlor down the street from the arcade. Donghyuck smiled, opening the door for (y/n).

"Wow, what a gentleman." She chuckled, walking in and getting in line. Donghyuck follows her, lightly tapping a tune against her shoulders.

"hm hm hmmm." He lightly hums, continuing to tap as (y/n) orders her ice cream. He orders his, paying for both before (y/n) could even reach for he wallet.

"What-hey." She lightly glares at him, but Donghyuck just shrugs.

"You were too slow." He teased, sitting down in a booth. (y/n) plops in the seat in front of him. (y/n) smiles, seeing Day6′s new music video play on the screen above her.

"They're such a good group." She hums, watching Sungjin as he looks at the girl next to him in the library.

"I bet you I could sing better." Donghyuck huffs, puffing out his cheeks, "I bet you that-"

"Donghyuck? (Y/n)?" A voice chirps. Jaemin and Jeno walk over, looking at the two.

"Ah, Jeno, Jaemin!" (y/n) smiles, scooting over to make room for the two.

"I don't think they should-" Donghyuck starts, but Jeno sits next to him, smiling. Jaemin sits next to (y/n), jokingly wrapping an arm around her and pinching her cheek.

"So this is why you were so nervous and anxious in class today?" Jeno asks, raising an eyebrow. (y/n) looks at Donghyuck, her eyebrow also raised.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you and Donghyuck...dating?" Jaemin gasps, looking from one friend to the other friend. Donghyuck goes to open his mouth, but (y/n) laughs, shaking her head.

"What? No! We're just hanging out, right?" She then looks at Donghyuck, expecting the same answer. He clears his throat, but then realizes the ice creams were ready and he quickly crawled over Jeno, pulling (y/n) away and grabbing their ice cream.

"S-See you guys!" He quickly said, pulling (y/n) out of the ice cream parlor.

"...Do you think we messed something up?"

"Maybe, Jaemin. Maybe."

"How come you didn't want to stay with Jaemin and Jeno, Donghyuck?" (y/n) asked, eating her ice cream happily. The two were now at the park, Donghyuck's nerves reaching their peak. He looked at the sunset, breathing in and out to calm his nerves.

"Because I didn't want them to make fun of me when I did this.." He muttered, catching (Y/n)'s attention.

"Do what?" (y/n) asked. Donghyuck stopped in front of (y/n), her feet quickly stumbling by the impact of his chest. "Hey what are you-"

"(y/n), I like you." He blurted out. (y/n)'s mouth slowly closed, unable to say anything from the sheer surprise she was feeling right now. " (y/n), I've liked you ever since you moved next to me when we were kids." He continued on, feeling his heart beat uncontrollably as he stared into (y/n)'s shocked hues. " Ever since I met you that day you moved in right next to my house, i always had this feeling in my chest. At first I thought that it would go away, and that I shouldn't be feeling this way for my best friend, but as time went on, it grew more and more. I felt like it was just going to burst suddenly, so I thought it would be better to tell you now then letting it come out at a random moment...that's why I took you out today, why I tried really hard to impress you these past few weeks." His voice faltered, his eyes down casting to his feet as he awkwardly shuffled. His cheeks were a bright red, his ears slowly turning as well. (y/n) continued to stare at him, her mouth opening, releasing out stutters.

"Donghyuck,I... I don't know how I feel about you. You're like a brother to me." She confessed, looking down awkwardly. Donghyuck's breath hitches, his heart almost feeling like it had shattered into a million pieces, right then and there. Although he knew the outcome of this confession, he didn't want to come to terms with it. "I'm sorry." She whispered, biting her bottom lip lightly. She felt like she knew this was coming , that all of his kind gestures had a story behind it, but she just brushed it off as something a best friend would do for another friend. "I need to be home soon." she murmured, fastening her back tighter to herself before turning around, walking away.She felt her heart beat faster, a small blush appearing on her face as she thinks about Donghyuck's confession once again.

"W-Wait!" Donghyuck yelled, quickly running after (y/n) and grabbing her wrist, turning her around quickly. "Y-You said you don't know how you feel about me, right?"

"Y-Yeah, but-"

" Then give me 31 days and you'll see." (Y/n) stares at Donghyuck, slightly shocked by his sudden determination. It was like he was a whole new person, his hard eyes staring back at her own shocked ones.

"I'll see what?" She replied. Donghyuck closed his eyes, taking one deep breath in, then out, and opened his eyes. He gave (y/n) a small, bright smile.

"If you give me 31 days, you'll see how i'm the right one for you, (y/n)!" The two high schoolers stood there, staring into each other's eyes. One was smiling down at the other, his cheeks a brighter red than ever before. The other was string up a the smiling boy, her eyes filled with shock, while her cheeks were a light pink from embarrassment. (y/n) shook her head quickly, pulling away and fixing her shirt sleeves, trying not to look into Donghyuck's eyes. He continued to stare at the girl, waiting for her answer. "(y/n)? What do you say?" He asks once again, trying to peer at the girl. She just quickly turned away, not wanting her best friend to see her blushing face.

"Fine.." she muttered. Donghyuck's eyes widened as he heard her answer, but smirked lightly, leaning over her shoulder.

"What was that, (y/n)? I didn't hear you~" He teased, laying his head on her shoulder while wrapping an arm around her. She gasps, quickly pulling away.

"I said fine! I'll see you at school." She quickly walked away, but Donghyuck caught up to her, wrapping an arm around her. "What are you doing?"

"Can't let my girlfriend walk home alone~" Donghyuck smiled down at (y/n) lovingly, who was looking anywhere but him. He was about to take his arm off of (y/n), but felt surprised as she grabbed his hand, her index finger wrapping around his own. He smiled brighter, looking ahead and continuing to walk her home.

She'll see how i'm the one for her.