Crowley Is Not Amused

This is a little surprise update, in the spirit of the brand new brother band book, you all should read it immediately it's fantastic, as usual. We still are going to wait to publish the rest of the chapters till we're done, but this is a special case.

Soooooooooooo something a bit different happens in this chapter, but don't get confused. We switch POV's twice, but it is Jacklyn's chapter officially.

Enjoy!!!

***

*Jacklyn's POV*

I'm bored. Don't get me wrong, playing baseball was fun, but that was two hours ago and it's not even time for lunch. Brighton had gone off somewhere, leaving me with Avis. The both of us were even more bored than before and the Rangers where not helping.

The apprentices were still a little excited from their introduction to baseball while the older Rangers were doing their best in getting their apprentices to focus on their assignments. Some where off learning archery hike the older ones looked to be getting Lessons from Gilan.

Halt and Will were nowhere to be seen (no pun intended…okay maybe it was) and all the other Rangers either acknowledged us with small nods, or didn't at all. Jerks.

In my mental musings, I failed to notice that Avis had stopped walking and I ended up running into her. I walk behind people, okay? Don't ask why because even I don't know.

Rubbing my nose after it had decided to take an unexpected whiff of her hair, I looked at her annoyed. “Why did you stop?”

“Crowley tent.”

“Say what?”

She pointed to a large tent. “That's Crowley’s tent.”

Stepping up to be level with her, I looked to where she was pointing. A large pavilion in the center of the camp. The sides where currently down but from previous knowledge, I knew they could be rolled up for multiple purposes. Mainly to let in a breeze if it gets hot. Or to make it easier for people to come and go in a time of war when the kingdom was being threatened by an old enemy that is rising again after 15 years by sending out a party of savage beasts from his prison mountain. Take your pick.

We exchanged a quick glance that let us both know that we were thinking the same thing. Taking long strides, we made it to the front of the tent in a matter of seconds and poked our heads around one of the supports poles to peer in.

“Woah.”

“Holy moldy guacamole, did Dorthy’s twister come through here?”

I'll let you take a guess at who said what.

Anyway, the place DID look like a twister had gone through it. A large wooden table stood in the center, completely covered in maps, charts and rolled up scrolls with discarded ribbons. In a corner of the tent was a desk that was worse than the table, if that was possible. It looked like it was going to collapse under all of the stacks of parchment and crumbled up letters or failed drafts for some kind of report. Other pieces of equipment were strewn about and honestly, it was an absolute mess.

Please cue my OCD.

I don't mind if MY room is a slight mess, I at least know where everything is, but if I see someone else's place trashed, I suddenly have the urge to clean.

“I'm going to clean this up,” I declared. Avis gave me a sidelong look.

“Good luck with that. Besides what if Crowley doesn't want you cleaning his stuff up? What f you get caught in here?”