I Get Accepted To Fly, What Fun

*Jacklyn's POV*

It was blistering hot outside. Inside my room however it was quite cool. Both literally and figuratively. Sorry, I tend to make comments like that, better get used to it. Anyway, I was sitting at my computer playing the most entertaining game in the world for me. OviPets. For one of the rare occurrences, Hour-Glass-Giwa was online and me and her were currently roleplaying my favorite roleplay. That was, until my brother came barging in.

Well technically he ran in since my door was open because my parents make me keep it open whenever they leave me home with Michael. "I just got a new sniper! I Le-" I glared at him with my most famous, and most used look. I don't care, now go away. yet he continued talking. "I don't care Michael, I don't understand what your saying, why your saying it and most of all, why your still here!" He snapped at me. "Fine! You never want to do anything anyway with me! You never do!" I rolled my eyes. Sometimes, it was really painful listening to him, trying to pull the same tricks I pull on other people. Guilt tripping never ever worked on people by shouting, so far he has yet to learn that.

"Get out of my room." I didn't have to say more than that. Over the years he has learned some things, one being that if I say 'get out', you better move it or your going to loose it. He dashed out of my room and back to the living room, jumping onto the couch and back to playing Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare. I think. I never know what it is he plays. For the next few hours I continued to roleplay while Michael played on the X-Box and everything was perfect. So long as you didn't included the summer homework I still had to do.

"Jacklyn! Dinner!" I looked at the time to see that it was 5:55pm. Mom and dad had both come home an hour ago while Michael continued to play his game, and I on mine. I had discreetly gotten up and closed my door when they did since I no longer needed it open and I don't like it open in the first place. Now though, I sadly told her that I had to go and shut my laptop, instantly putting it into standby. I opened my door while shutting of my light and stepping into the living room. The concrete floor was warm and felt a bit nice after staying in my cold room all day.

I reached the kitchen, which was adjoined to the living room, and pulled out my chair from the table, flopping into it and scooting up to the table again. Instantly I went to work. Green beans over here...Rice needs to look like a dome...and the chicken pieces into a rough pyramid. If you can't tell, I'm OCD when it comes to my food. Mom, dad and Michael were already seated and when I sat down we began to eat. Dad started off by complaining about his work and saying that one day he was just going to hold his hand in the air and walk out. He's been saying that since I was younger than 10 years old. Mom continued the job conversation by saying that she got 32 calls done today, and one of them really bad. Apparently someone received the wrong code or whatever from another service rep so there really was no way for my mom to help them. I droned them out and ate my food in order. Yucky green beans first, then the nice meat and saving the best for last, the chicken flavored rice. As soon as I was done I got up and put my plate away in the dishwasher.

Just as I was about to leave and go back to hiding in my room, mom called after me. "Jacklyn. There's a letter for you that came in the mail today." I stopped and frowned. Since when did I get mail from someone when it wasn't near the holidays? I walked back to the kitchen and stopped at the microwave. My family not being completely organized people and all, we tend to leave things wherever we want the to. The mail today was on top of the skillet which was on top of the microwave. Grabbing the small pile of mail I eventually found one letter that has yet to be opened all the while thinking who it was from. I looked at the sender and nearly screamed. No, that was a lie. I did scream. I jumped up and down and suddenly felt the energy to run around the house, out the door and down the street.

I hadn't even opened the letter yet seeing if it was confirmed or not yet I was still screaming. The fact that they responded was enough to make me happy. I ripped it open and began to read.

-Jacklyn Hall

Thank you for entering the archeologist competition, created by England's finest archeologist to find young men and women interested in our history. We would like to congratulate you on winning one of the three spots in the competition...

I could of sworn that I passed out of shock. If I had actually passed out.

...You will be joined by two others your age on a flight to Redman County, England on Saturday, June 30th. A list of things to pack for your stay...

I quickly read the rest of it and a huge smile felt as if it were splitting my face. I looked up at my silent and still eating family and spoke in the happiest of voices. "Im going to Redman County!" I said in a sing-song voice. They all started speaking at once. "I want to go, why can't I go?" That was Michael. "Kevin, how could we have let her enter, you know how she is when it comes to the mere thought of flying." That was mom. "You sure you want to go? You would pass out before you even stepped foot on the plane." And the was dad.

"No you can't come. I'll take tons of Tylenol before I go so I can sleep the entire trip, and pretty much the same thing I said to mom." I said as I answered all of their questions. Dad spoke up, ever being the one to second guess me for doing stuff that I loved and he saw to be pointless. "I just don't see the point in you going to a new country to learn about fake history-" He got no further. "Its not fake, its real and I'm going to England to learn more about it." With that, I spun in my heel, the perks of tile flooring in the kitchen, and walked quickly to my room. Right after I closed my door I started to write down a list of things that I would need for the trip.

-The Rangers Apprentice books -The Brotherband books -The Ranger Apprentice Prequel -Clothes -My cloak -My boots -My emergency kit -My phone -My laptop -My brown leather and oakleaf designed journal -Anything else I need that comes to my mind.

Satisfied with my list, I jumped onto my bed and looked up at my cracked ceiling. June 30th couldn't get here any faster.

->>>----->

Hello, this is me and my chapter. And if your wondering, yes, my day literally goes like that. Did so yesterday too, food and all. So the next chapter will Avis again. Hope you guys like the book so far and this chapter!

~SO