Please Continue

*Jacklyn's POV*

Not many people get the better of a Ranger. And if they do, they most certainly don't live long enough to boast about it.

Yet Avis and I just got the better of not just a Ranger, but the entire Ranger Corps! And a bonus is that we are still alive.

To say that today was an excellent day would be an understatement. Okay well most of the day anyway.
"I refuse," I said huffily, shoving the bowl back toward her. Unluckily for me, Avis wasn't taking "no" for an answer. "You need to eat." "Not hungry." "Liar." "Am not." "Are too."
"Am not."
"Are too.
"Am not!"
"Are too!"
"Am n-!"

Avis quickly shoved a spoon of the vile food into my mouth in mid-argument. Gagging, I swallowed while glaring at her smug face. "Ha! I win." I attempted to say something but the overwhelming bland taste of porridge had me coughing instead.

"Ugh, whoever invented this terrible slop is the reason that processed food was invented." Avis rolled her eyes at me, "Hey, be grateful that we have something to eat. Technically speaking we shouldn't even be here and it is only out of the kindness of the Ranger's hearts that we have anything at all." I had trouble at hiding my snort of laughter. "Don't let Halt catch you saying that. He does have a reputation to maintain after all."

"Oh Halt isn't so bad, he's just an old softie." She said with a smirk. "Now you're really asking for it."

"Come on, you know that he isn't that bad." "To the people he considers his family, maybe. To us? Not a chance. And what is it with you and Halt? Do you have an obsession with him or something?" "So what if I do?" Avis replied huffily. "I mean come on! He is amazing! He is the greatest Ranger that ever lived until Will. He's sarcastic, impassive, and I bet that he wasn't that bad to look at when he was younger."

"I don't know if I should be concerned for you mental health or not for that last thought. But if it came down to it, I wouldn't bet that Halt had the best looks in the Corp back then." "Oh really," she raised an eyebrow at me, "if not Halt, then who?" "Crowley, obviously." She scoffed at me. “Oh please, as if.” “what? He’s perfect! He has an excellent sense of humor, enjoys music, is overall a happy person, takes fun in messing with others and to top it off, he’s the leader of the Ranger Corps.”

“I’ll admit, that’s a pretty good reason, but there is one better than him.” "Oh yeah, who?" "Gilan" She said simply.

I nearly choked. "Gilan? As in the same Gilan that is currently out for our blood? That Gilan?" "Yup!" Avis said cheerily, polling the 'p'. "Why," I said stressing each word, "on earth do you like him?"

"Because he's just so handsome, and amazing, and he uses a sword, and he's tall and he's charming and amazing and funny and caring and amazing-"

"Let me stop you right there. You said amazing like, three times too many."

"I did?"

"Definatly," I sighed exsasperated.

"Sorry, I just really like him."

"What about Will? I saw the way you were looking at him whenever we ran into him."

"Okay, I'll admit that I've always liked him. He's charming and brave. Not to mention it too often but, oh lord them eyes!"

"Meh, he's okay I guess. I mean, you have a problem since all your guys are taken while mine is single." Avis groaned. "Don't remind me. I get so depressed when I remember that and -"

"What are you two talking about?"

Avis yelped and spun around, looking up terrifyed.
I cursed as I jumped and spilt my food onto the ground(oh how tragic) and looked at the eavesdroppers that were standing behind us.

Will was looking at us with his head tilted to the side a little bit with an openly curious gaze. Gilan was looking at us like we were some puzzle that needed to be solved(probably still shocked about the horse incident). Halt just looked like Halt.

We glanced at each othet, then back up at them. "Nothing." We replied hurriedly.

"Sure didn't sound like 'nothing' to me." Will countered.

"Just how long have you been standing there?" I asked suspiciously.

"Not long enough from where I'm standing." Will said, a grin breaking out on his face. "Please by all means continue at what you were saying about my eyes."

•Aaaaaaand I'm ending it there before Avis kills me. For multiple reasons. Main one is that I'm late. Really late. I'm sorry about that but I'm not going to waste time talking about why so.
..yeah...Hope you guys liked (yes I know it seemed rushed) and have a good day/night depending on when and where you read this•

Rangers Apprentice: Forgotten Ruinsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें