Chapter 3

170129 Jan Sunday the 29th

"Y/N" My mothers voice fills the room as I walk in "Hey eomma" I called walking over to her. She was sat in her grey arm chair while flicking through her Ipad, I had got her it for charismas because she would always tell me how bored she was in here and whished for something to do with her time instead of sat in her chair looking out the window all day. "How are you feeling?" I asked her as she put the tablet down on to the small coffee table beside her. "Oh don't worry about me, I'm fine just whish they would let me out of here" She complained.

"Yeah I do too" I looked sadly down at cream carpet floor. "Now tell me sweetheart how's university." She asked trying to lighten the mood a little. "I'm doing great, I've got another project to do" I told her as I took a seat on the soft carpet floor.

"Oh what is it" She asked excitement filled her voice. "Just finding some information out about a murder of our choosing that's happened not to long ago" "I see. Did you see about the murder that happened Thursday night?" She asked looking down at me as I still sat on the floor. "Yeah that's the one we're doing it about" I told her "yes these gangs always in the middle of them all" my mother spoke.

"Yeah that reminds me, that night I bumped into a gang and the worst part about it was, it was that gang Bangtan" I told her in almost a whisper. She looked a little shocked as I told her that "and now everywhere I go their there, its probably just me being parodied" I reassured myself.

She sighed before standing from the chair and slowly making her way over to the wooden wardrobe in that had been put in the corner of her room "I guess its time to give you this, your father wanted me to give you this when I felt the time was right" I looked at her confused she never wanted to talk to my dad. "He sent this to me the day he died, he had a note on it addressed to me telling me not to give you the letter until you where ready for it" She carried on taking a small box out the bottom of the wardrobe.

"Here, you don't have to read it here. Take it home and read it" She handed the box over to me "There's also some old pictures he kept and wanted you to have" she smiled at me as I stood to take the box "Thanks but why until I was ready" I asked her my voice laced with shock "You'll find out soon enough once yo read it" my mum told me.

I spent most of the day accompanying my mum in that boring room, I just wish I could take her out somewhere but the carers wont let me. I got back into my car and decided I would got to my dads grave, the drive wasn't long with the melodies of my music playing through the car speakers blessing my ears with the sounds of my favourite song.

Arriving at the graveyard I made my way over to my fathers grave. "Hey appa, I still feel stupid talking to a grave stone" I laugh at myself "Eomma gave me the letter you wanted me to have, she says I'm ready for it, I'm not sure why I have to be ready for it, its just a letter right." I sit on the grass holding the tattered brown box within my feminine hands. "Anyway, I just want to say what ever you put in this letter I will still always love you even if it is bad. I just hope this will give me light into why eomma left you" I looked back down at the box. "Sorry I didn't bring you anything, but next time I will promise. Love you appa" I say my goodbyes leaving the graveyard and making my way back home.

I entered my studio apartment placing the box on the side making a mental note to look at it later but right now I need food "I'll order pizza cant be bothered to cook today" I say taking the pizza menu out the kitchen draw.

After ordering pizza the small brown box was tempting me, I wanted to see but I also didn't want to see the note, I was scared at what secrets it may hide. I opened the lid of the box seeing pictures scattered within, brushing my fingers over the memories I found the letter that was hidden at the bottom of the box. picking up the black envelope with delicate hands like it was the thinnest glass in the world making it shatter if not held with delicacy. Turning the letter around I saw a black wax seal, printed into the wax was a logo of some sorts that I hadn't seen before.

I gilded my hand over the wax seal debating on opening the envelope to see what was inside. Just as I was about to there was a knock on my door, that must be the pizza. I thank the guy giving him a small tip before closing the door with my foot while opening the pizza box and driving into the amazing smelling pizza I ordered.

I took one last look of the envelope that still sat unopened in the box, "After" I say climbing my way up to my bed wrapping myself up into the silk covers.

I peeled my eyes away from the laptop screen that I had glued myself too watching YouTube videos, I was like an addict when it came to YouTube one after another after another I would just watch and half the time I didn't even know how I got on most of the videos. From watching crime videos to watching cute dog videos, I didn't even know how I ended up there but I did. I ended up watching small cute blue Italian whippet sticking its tongue out, this was the fifth time I had watched it and it got cuter every time.

The letter I still hadn't opened it, I climbed out the silk covers making my way over to the table I left the box on. I took the box back up to my bed so I could look through it, I turned the small lamp I have next to my bed on so I could see better. The yellowish light, filling the room once it had warmed up.

I took the black envelope in hand turning it back round to the wax seal, carefully I unsealed the envelope taking out the paper within. I took a deep breath before opening the folded paper that I had found inside.

Dear Y/N

I guess if your reading this then your mother decided it was time you see this. You have always had so many questions, you asked me many when we spoke. I think it time I start to answer them. Your mother didn't leave me because she didn't love me, we love each other very much but you see I'm not the father idol you should look up too. I did things no daughter would want to know their daddy did, I'm happy enough that I still got to see you when your mother left. Now you can hate me after you read this letter because I know the stuff I have done is wrong and If I could go back and stop when your mother asked me too, I would of. But I was too caught up in the power, I wish I could stop but I can't. I hate that what has happened to your mother and I cant help but feel responsible for what that gang did to her, they are after everyone I love and I cant let them get you. The good thing is that they do not know about you being my daughter, they are coming for me next that is why I am writing to you now. People in my gang I have told them to keep you save and in the dark so that gang wont come back to get you, they also don't know about your mother surviving. You and eomma will be safe, I wish I could of been there when you where growing up. Now you know the truth, hate me if you must, hate me for doing the bad things I did, hate me for being part of a gang, all I can say is I'm so, so sorry. I Love You Y/N

Love Appa