Chapter 27 [📱]

Começar do início

Oh she don't see the light that's shining

Deeper than the eyes can find it

Maybe we have made her blind

So she tries to cover up the pain

Alessia was beaming as I sang the lyrics we wrote with the melody I was strumming earlier. "Holy shit, that's perfect!"

"Eh, I think it could be better," I shrugged.

"Why don't you know how awesome you are?"

I laughed and nudged her with my shoulder. "You're the one that wrote the lyrics, the tone isn't a big deal."

We continued to switch lyrics back and forth until we had the chorus. After that, I only needed a few tests before I finally found the perfect melody. After I played it for her, I urged her to sing it with me.

And you don't have to change a thing

The world could change its heart

No scars to your beautiful

We're stars and we're beautiful

"I think we just made a billboard hot 100 song," I said with a laugh.

"It's amazing! Thank you!" she cried out and tackled me in a hug. We only pulled away when I heard my phone ringing in the distance. "Take it, I'm gonna write some more."

I stood up and walked over to the soundboard. My lips formed into a smile as I saw my girlfriend's name on the screen. "Hey, princess. How are you?"

"Baby! I miss you so much. I've been hugging Dinah all day imagining she was you and now she's hiding from me."

"Poor Dinah," I said. "How are things going on your end?"

"Everything's going well," she said. She sounded out of breath so she was probably walking or just got done rehearsing for their show. "The fans already know about the collab and their excitement is making me excited."

My heart dropped at her words. I know that I should be excited—that I should be supportive of my girlfriend. But these last few weeks has been hard on our relationship. We couldn't go out like before since we couldn't be seen in public. All the news about MGK and Camila came in droves, along with the pictures I was dreading. It wasn't anything bad, just them together. But the fact that he could get closer to Camila than me in front of people fueled the jealousy inside of me.

But I had to keep it inside... like all the other times.

"So," she said, pulling me out of my thoughts. "I'll be in LA tomorrow, why don't we go on a date? Well, we can't really go anywhere in public. And I have an interview in the afternoon. But we'll think of something."

"That sounds great, but I can't," I said remembering my schedule for tomorrow. I was supposed to go on a photoshoot with Alessia for her single cover in the morning then in the afternoon, I had to go to a meeting with Jonas and the other producers for my album.

"Oh?" she uttered and I noticed the drop of timbre in her voice. "Do you have... something else planned?"

"Yeah, I have work tomorrow. I even have work today, so I can't."

"But Y/N, I—"

"I have the bridge," Alessia squealed. "Y/N come here!"

"Who is that?" Camila asked.

"Just someone I'm working with. Listen," I answered, moving to the sofa and dropping beside Alessia, "I gotta go, have to finish a song. Talk to you later princess."