Chapter XV; Finding Friends

Start from the beginning

"Oh, you're on your own?" Y asked softly. She hadn't known her parents very well. They had died or something like that when she and X had been very small. The boy continued to look at her blankly.

"Sir, we're looking for a friend of ours. He's a tall guy dressed kinda like me, have you seen him?" Ven asked. Even frowned thinking.

"Hm, perhaps I did see him in the outer gardens. Just follow this road." Even said, pointing down the road towards the edge of town.

"Thanks." Y said, straightening up. Even crossed his arms and continued to look at the pair of keyblade wielders.

"No, thank you, for keeping Ienzo out of harm's way. And, well, let's say I have a feeling we are destined to cross paths again." He said. He walked away, Ienzo following him. Y frowned watching them go.

"That was weird." Y said. Ven laughed a little.

"No kidding." He agreed.

Without another word, Ven took off towards the Outer Gardens. Y followed him a second later. They reached the Outer Garden to see Terra getting ready to leave. X was beside him, looking worried about something.

Ven and Y managed to get Terra's attention and try to convince him to allow them to follow. He didn't of course. X took the time to apologize to Ven for their last encounter, claiming he didn't know he was doing it. Y wanted to believe him. But something was wrong, and she couldn't put her finger on it.

They left the Outer Garden to find Aqua after Terra and X had gone their separate ways. Aqua was in town, looking at the ground with a frown. Y suspected something was off but had no clue exactly what it was.

"Aqua!" Ven called, catching her attention. She looked up at them with a worried smile. It was a look Y was used to on her over motherly friend.

"Ven, Y. Were you able to find him?" She asked. Y smiled and nodded.

"Uh-huh." She confirmed.

"But he's gone." Ven supplied. Aqua nodded, looking back to where she had been before. Y noticed a few bruises and scrapes she definitely hadn't had before. Y frowned glancing around. Flowers were torn up. It looked like there might have been a fight.

"Right," Aqua said. There was a pause, each person lost in their thoughts. "Then I can't stay here." Aqua decided, breaking the short silence that had quickly become heavy.

"Let us go with you," Ven demanded. Y pushed him gently, glaring at him out of the corner of her eye. If they wanted to go with her they couldn't push her. It would only make her insist they were left behind even more.

"Please," Y asked.

"No. Do as I say and go home." Aqua said firmly. Ven looked down in defeat.

"Why can't we go?" Y asked in annoyance.

"I don't want to put you in harm's way," Aqua said. She knelt down and put her hands on both Ven and Y's shoulders. "You understand?" Aqua asked. Y didn't reply, nor did Ven. Aqua sighed before putting her keyblade armor on and leaving the world.

Y glanced at Ven with a sad smile. Ven returned the look.

Y and Ven later found themselves sitting in the town square, side by side. They had their backs to the wall of the flower beds. Ven was swinging the old wooden keyblade he had received from Terra what must have been ages ago. Y leaned her head on his shoulder, staring down at the ground in thought.