Chapter XIV; Darkness Calls

X was beyond frustrated with Ventus. Things were going smoothly until that stupid blonde had to open his mouth. He had to say X had been with Vanitas. He had to have survived the fight, he couldn't have died there like Vanitas had intended him to. Now X had to clean up this mess before Terra doubted him too much. That could ruin everything they had worked for.

X found Terra going towards the outside of town. Terra looked troubled like he was overthinking something yet again. Terra tended to over think almost everything. It was an annoying habit that had to contribute to most of his doubts. If he would just stop thinking this would be so much easier.

"Terra!" X called out, preparing himself for whatever conversation followed. There was no use just putting it off. The sooner he cleaned up the mess the better. Terra turned toward X as he approached. His blue eyes narrowed at him in thought.

"X," Terra said. X cocked his head to the side in false confusion.

"Something wrong?" X asked stopping beside the older boy. Terra looked at X with his eyes still narrowed. X assumed he was trying to see through him, decide what the situation really was.

"You attacked Ventus," Terra said simply. X jumped a little in false surprise, deciding on his game plan. Best to pretend he had no idea what was going on. Terra would probably fall for that fairly easily.

"What? When? And why wasn't I made aware?" X asked in a joking way. When Terra didn't react X let his face fall. He watched Terra nervously as if the keyblade wielder would attack him at any second.

"Just before you got here apparently," Terra said, his voice rather quiet. X frowned.

"What? I was just talking to Master Xehanort. I left right after that, I think." X said, his eyebrows coming together to form a shallow v. He stepped back from Terra yet again.

"You think?" Terra asked. X looked up at him slowly, letting fear show in his eyes as plain as the daylight.

"Now that you mention it, it's kinda fuzzy," X admitted slowly. Terra looked at X in shock. "What exactly did Ventus say?" X asked. Terra frowned, recalling the event.

"He said he saw you and Vanitas together. You helped Vanitas, and said you didn't care about Y. Darkness calls to darkness, or something." Terra explained. X's face paled at Terra's words. X backed away from Terra yet again and began pacing around the area.

"Oh no," X muttered breathlessly. Terra looked at him in shock.

"Oh no, what?" Terra asked. X stopped pacing and looked at Terra with wide eyes.

"I think I might have attacked Ventus," X said softly, filling his voice with fear that he didn't really have.

"What?" Terra demanded. X flinched away from him.

"I can't really, explain it. I don't remember. But if Vanitas was there, I could have, and I wouldn't have known. He can control me." X said quickly. He was cowered back away from Terra, refusing to meet his eyes.

"How?" Terra asked, stepping back from X, looking at him curiously. X slowly came out of his cowering position, seeing Terra wasn't going to harm him.

"I don't really know. Master Xehanort says it's something about darkness calling to darkness. His darkness overpowers mine, and I have to do as he says. Like mind control." X explained. Terra looked at X in shock.

"So you really don't know?" Terra asked.

"I'm inclined to take Ventus' word. I probably did." X admitted. Terra nodded.

"But you didn't mean to?" Terra asked, almost hopefully. He was looking for a way X was innocent. It was helpful to X, truly.

"No, I would never. Not on purpose." X said quickly. Terra nodded and crossed his arms.

Kingdom Hearts; The Light's Keeperजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें