Chapter XV; Finding Friends

After running after Terra Y and Ven very quickly got lost. The town was new and not something Y could say she expected. But the bright side was she had Ven this time. He seemed a little different, maybe a little more serious, but it didn't matter to Y. He was ok. For now.

Y suspected where they were was close to the castle. But the exact location was fuzzy. Ven walked beside her looking around in interest.

Very suddenly Ven started forward. Y heard a sound like an 'oof '. Y and Ven both turned to see a little girl on the ground. The girl had dark red hair that reached her shoulders. She wore a white tank top with black shorts and sandals. Her bright blue eyes looked up at them curiously.

"Oh, sorry. You okay?" Ven asked. The little girl stood up and brushed herself looking over her shoulder. She had to have only been five. Y glanced around, looking for anyone older who might be responsible for the girl. She found no one.

"I'm fine." The little girl said cheerfully. She looked over her shoulder quickly before looking back to Y and Ven. She was smiling brightly, despite not knowing them at all.

"Why do you keep looking over your shoulder?" Y asked curiously, glancing where the girl was looking. There was nothing.

"I'm playing a game and I can't get caught." The little girl answered happily. She glanced around them, for some reason. Her bright smile only grew. She darted past Y and Ven, making them turn to keep an eye on her. She was walking over to a young boy with silvery blue hair flopping over his eye. He wore a white lab coat. "Hi, Ienzo!" The little girl greeted. The boy nodded at her, then turned his attention to Y and Ven. He didn't say anything, which for some reason made the little girl laugh. "Come on Ienzo, no need to be shy. Say hello." The girl encouraged.

Out of nowhere, a large group of Unversed appeared, surrounding the two kids. The little girl stepped forward, raising her fists as if she meant to fight. Y and Ven summoned their keyblades, jumping in front of the kids.

"You two need to get back!" Y ordered, not looking over her shoulder at the kids.

"We'll take care of this." Ven said determinedly. Y heard footsteps that she assumed meant the kids were listening.

The fight was a simple one, like most fights against lower level Unversed were. Even better Y had Ven instead of Aqua. She worked well with the blue haired mage, but she spent more time training with Ven. They knew exactly how to fight together.

Once the Unversed were gone Y and Ven turned back to the kids. Ienzo was still looking at them silently. The little girl smiled at them happily. She looked about ready to say something but stopped hearing a man's voice.

"Ienzo! Where are you?" The man called out. The little girl lost her smile and cowered done. "Answer me!" The man demanded. Y and Ven turned to see a man with long blonde hair wearing a lab coat like Ienzo's. Ienzo approached the man, the little girl following him trying to stay out of the man's sight. "Ah, there you are. Didn't I warn you not to wander off, child?" The man said. He noticed the little girl with a frown. "Kiu, what are you doing here? I'm sure your grandmother is worried sick about you. Go this instant." He ordered.

"Yes, Mr. Even." The little girl said glumly. She turned to Ven and Y and waved before running back towards the town. The man, Even, turned to the two.

"We owe you our thanks. We have done our best to raise the boy since his poor parents are not here to do it." He said, motioning to Ienzo. Y smiled softly and leaned down, putting her hands on her knees.