Chapter II; The Start

The blonde boy skidded across the dry ground of the wasteland. He collided with a rock formation, causing him to hiss in pain. He glared at the boy standing in front of him holding a keyblade. The boy with the key had spiky raven black hair and yellow gold eyes. He wore a skintight black and red suit with an extra bit of fabric around the waist.

"Looks like I win again." The ravenette boy said cockily. The blonde glared and pushed himself to his feet. He spat off to the side, trying to get the dirt out of his mouth. He wasn't surprised to see there was also blood mixed in.

"Only because you were hiding behind those stupid Unversed like always." The blonde said. The ravenette glared at him, taking a threatening step towards him. The blonde didn't back away, meeting the ravenette's menacing look with one of his own.

"What was that?" The ravenette asked. The blonde smirked.

"You heard me." He said, crossing his arms. "If you weren't constantly summoning the Unversed in the middle of our little match, I could beat you with one hand tied behind my back." The blonde continued.

"It's called using your resources. Maybe if you actually tried using the Heartless you wouldn't get your ass kicked so bad." The ravenette countered. The blonde boy narrowed his purple eyes.

"It's called you're a coward who can't fight one on one." He said, venom filling his voice. The ravenette glared at him once again.

"Fine, let's go again. And to make you stop throwing your little hissy fit I won't use the Unversed." He said, raising his chin making it appear he was looking down at the blonde. The blonde copied his movement.

"Fine. Let's get started." The blonde challenged. He flicked his wrist summoning two daggers in his hands. The daggers were as long as his forearms in total, the blade making up about eight inches of that. The handles were black inlaid with purple designs. The ravenette snickered.

"You can't hope to beat me with those toothpicks." He said. He stepped back from the blonde and raised his keyblade.

"Like hell I'll use anything else." The blonde replied. He was just about to attack the other boy when a commanding voice rang out through the air.

"That is enough!" The voice said. The blonde looked over his shoulders, glaring at the owner of the voice. The ravenette lowered his keyblade. Behind the blonde standing upon a rock formation was an old man. He was leaned forward with his hands behind his back. He wore a long black coat over top a simple white shirt and black pants. He was bald, with only a grey goatee. His eyes were yellow and held a menacing look. "The time for training is over, we must begin our mission." The man said.

"Come on, I'm sure there's time for one more round." The blonde said calmly, doing his best to wave away the old man's orders. The old man narrowed his eyes at the blonde, clearly unimpressed.

"The time for the Mark of Mastery exam is nearly upon us. If we are to lure those three from the Land of Departure it must be then." The old man said. The blonde only rolled his eyes in exasperation. "I expect you to be prepared to leave soon."

"Yes, Master Xehanort." The blonde said. He flicked his wrist, banishing his daggers. He turned to the ravenette boy and pointed. "This isn't over by a long shot." He said before walking away. The ravenette snickered.

"Oh yeah, you're just lucky the Master stepped in, or I would have had to kick your ass twice." He taunted. The blonde rolled his eyes once again.