Chapter I; Under The Stars

The blonde girl stared up at the clear night sky. Her chocolate brown doe eyes assessed each star in turn, trying to find one in particular. She spent so many nights doing this. It was a promise she had made before leaving her home for what seemed to be the rest of her life. She promised to always look to the sky. All worlds shared the same sky, so wherever he was, he would be looking at the same sky as her.

"Hey! Y!" A voice called out making the girl turn. Behind her was a spiky-haired blonde boy smiling warmly at her. His blue eyes shone brightly despite the night. It looked as if a thousand stars were reflected in his gaze. Y felt her heart race a little as it always did when she saw him.

"Hi, Ven." Y greeted with a smile. "What are you doing up so late?" She asked. Ven put his hands behind his head like he so often did. His bright smile remained as he looked up at the stars.

"There's a meteor shower." He replied happily. "I thought you would have noticed since you were looking up at the sky." He said. Y looked up to the sky again. Just as Ven had said, bright lines of light streaked across the sky. Y took the in an amazed breath. How had she not seen them until now?

"Wow, that's amazing." Y said breathlessly. Ven looked down at her in confusion.

"You really didn't notice?" He asked. Y shook her head, still looking up. Her eyes reflected back the light of the stars making them seem to glow.

"I was too busy thinking I guess." She said. Ven tipped his head to the side. He dropped his arms and walked over to where Y sat. He dropped to the ground beside her, looking at her with innocent curiosity.

"What were you thinking about?" He asked. Y shrugged, picking at the grass.

"My homeworld." She replied. Ven smiled brightly before laying back to watch the stars. He crossed his arms behind his head once more.

"You're the only one out of us who can remember where they came from, aren't you?" Ven asked. Y had answered this question many times, but Ven always asked. It was true of course. Ven had amnesia and couldn't remember very much of anything before the Land of Departure. Aqua, the older girl that trained with them, had been at the Land of Departure practically her entire life. She was too young to remember where she came from. And Terra, the last apprentice of the master, he never spoke of if he could remember or not. He wasn't much older than Aqua when he came to the world, so Y guessed he didn't remember his home. Y, unlike all the others, clearly remembered her world and all the people in it.

"Yeah, I am." Y answered softly.

"That must be hard," Ven said with a frown. Y shrugged looking back to the stars.

"It can be. But I'm glad to be here. And I know they would want me here." She said. Ven seemed to think about her words before smiling.

"That sounds great. I hope where ever I came from was like that." He said. Y smiled down at the blonde and nodded. She had heard from Aqua some strange man had brought Ven here. An old friend of the masters. Why they never found out. "You should tell me a story about your world," Ven said suddenly. Y looked at him shocked.

"Now?" She asked. Ven nodded. Y tapped her chin thinking. "Well, there is one, from ages ago." She said. Ven smiled brightly.

"Tell me it." He said excitedly. Y smiled and laid back beside Ven.

"A long time ago there was a set of twins. A boy and a girl. They had been raised in the forest outside of town by a very kind man. The girl was very kind and gentle. People from all around compared her to the sun, always warm and seemed to radiate light. Her name was Hiko. The boy was much quieter than his sister, but still very kind. He spoke only the truth and knew a great deal. He was often times compared to the moon, quiet and distant so it seemed. His name was Yoruko." Y began. Ven closed his eyes, listening intently to the girl's story.