Prologue; Connect

The blonde girl shuffled nervously on her feet, looking around the room. It was large, with three thrones near the front of the room. Otherwise, it was empty. She wished it wasn't. She wished there was anything to keep her distracted from the sinking feeling in her gut.

In her hand, she clutched a small plush that looked like a cat. She had refused to leave it with her other belongings. It was something the Master decided it was alright for her to keep as comfort. She was just a child anyway. A child a long way from home.

The sound of footsteps made the girl jump turning to look for the source. Seeing no one the girl cowered down, turning back to the thrones clutching the plush even tighter. The Master had told her to wait there while he went to gather his other apprentices. She was to be the fourth he had taken in.

"We're not supposed to be here." A girls voice hissed. The blonde snapped her head to find the source. Once again she didn't see anyone. The room was still empty beside herself. "The Master said to wait." The girl's voice hissed again.

"Come on, don't you want to meet her?" A boys voice replied. The blonde slowly crept towards the sound of the voices, eager to see who it was. They sounded like the other apprentices she would be training with.

"That's not the point. The Master said she's a little shaken. We shouldn't bother her until he's here." The girl's voice replied. The blonde came to a stop, standing beside the doorway into the room. She imagined the two arguing were just outside that door.

"Well, he's taking too long. Honestly, where is Ven that it's taking the Master this long to find him?" The boy asked. There was a pause in the conversation. "Hey, don't give me that look." The boy said.

"Ven was in the library. You know that's on the other side of the castle. He's probably on his way back now." The girl said. The blonde heard a huff that she guessed was the boy giving up. She sighed quietly, walking away from the door to the center of the room where she had been standing before.

The blonde was beginning to regret her decision. Though it wasn't entirely her decision. She had been pressured into following the Master. Why she wasn't sure. But she was homesick already. This place was so different. A huge castle for only five people. It seemed lonely. Where she came from there were so many more people. What if she didn't get along with the others already here? There weren't any others here to make friends with. She'd be on her own. A place she'd never been before. The girl found herself holding the plush to her chest tightly.

The sound of the door opening caught the blondes attention. She turned around to see a boy with brown hair entering the room.

"Terra!" The girl's voice called out in exasperation. The boy turned and motioned to the girl still on the other side of the door.

"What?" The boy asked.

"Get back here, right now!" The girl ordered. The blonde watched the brown-haired boy in interest. He glanced at her and smiled apologetically.

"Why bother? She's already seen me?" The boy asked. He turned his back to the door and turned towards the blonde. He smiled at her again in a welcoming manner. It calmed some of the nerves the blonde had since arriving at the new world. Her grip on the plush lessened. "You're the new apprentice, right?" The boy asked. The blonde nodded.

"Yeah, you're one of the older ones?" She asked though it was obvious. The boy smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm Terra." The boy introduced himself. "Aqua's the girl standing outside the door, she's being a stickler for the rules." He continued pointing towards the door. A girl with blue hair was peeking in the door. She looked nervous.