Chapter VII; Unmasked

The first world Y found looked to be a rather peaceful world. She arrived on a path that seemed deserted. To one direction was a town surrounding a beautiful castle that was a pale blue color. To the other direction was a forest with what looked like large manors scattered through the distance. She could barely see the rooftops above the trees.

"First place I show, and of course it's empty," Y muttered to herself. She looked up and down the road, trying to decide where to begin her search. She had no idea where any of her friends would be if they were even there. She frowned thinking. The best place to start was looking for the Unversed.

Y turned towards the castle. If she were to find negative emotions it was more than likely going to be in the city, right? Y herself had never found city life all that pleasant. Not nearly enough open air.

Y began her walk towards the castle. She looked around as she walked, looking for anything unusual. Maybe the masked boy, or even just an Unversed. But she saw nothing. It was a bright clear day with no sign of anything evil. That was until she heard the cries for help, at least.

Y ran ahead to see a tall man dressed in fancy looking clothes. He had black hair and a mustache and wore a monocle. He was being attacked by a group of Unversed. Y gave a heavy sigh summoning her keyblade.

"Looks like I was wrong." She said to herself before running towards the man. She fought away the Unversed almost too easily. They didn't run from her when she tried attacking, more stared at her in awe. She noticed some of their movements were like they were afraid. Others moved as if anxious.

Once they were all gone Y turned to the man who had been attacked. He was standing straight, brushing his shoulders off. He looked at Y in interest, not speaking.

"Are you ok?" Y asked. She didn't see any visible harm more than a few scratches, but he could be more mentally harmed than anything.

"I'm quite alright, thank you." The man replied. Y tried to decide if he was lying or not. Seeing nothing that could point to a lie Y nodded, looking over her shoulder for anymore Unversed.

"How long have those monsters been causing a problem?" Y asked curiously turning her attention to the man. He seemed to think about it for a moment.

"Not long. They appeared after a boy in a mask arrived in our kingdom. They obeyed his every order." The man answered. Y blinked in surprise. She thought maybe the boy in the mask had something to do with the Unversed, but she hadn't expected them to obey his every order. She didn't think they were under his command. But why follow him?

"Really. Well, you should be careful, those monsters could attack you at any moment." Y said with a smile.

"While that is true I'm afraid I must keep moving. There is to be a royal ball tonight and I must deliver the invitation to the house of Lady Tremaine." The man said. Y frowned looking at him in thought.

"Why don't you give me the invitation. I'll be sure it gets there." Y offered. This man couldn't defend himself, she most certainly did not want him going off on his own. The man seemed to consider this offer carefully, Y could practically see his mind working to decide if she could be trusted.

"Very well." The man decided. He handed Y a white envelope sealed with red wax. It definitely looked like something from royalty. Y took it and glanced it over, there was no writing on it. "Lady Tremaine lives in the first manor you will come across in the woods. The monsters are rather plentiful there, so be on your guard." The man warned.

"Thanks for the warning." Y said. She looked up at the man with a cheerful smile. "I'll be sure this gets delivered for you." She said.