Chapter 13

You often had panic attacks now. Sans never let Papyrus or Cherry near you. Whenever you saw them, you broke down into tears and felt endless horror. Sans never talked to them either. You felt guilt. You'd torn the brothers apart. You hadn't told Sans how you felt about their fight. Papyrus seemed to want to reason with him, but Sans was too angry at him to listen. You knew Sans still cared about his brother, but he no longer trusted him like he used to. And Cherry was just out of the picture. He hated her. You'd overheard some very rude comments come from him about her. Papyrus would always step in and end it, but Sans seemed to be on full alert and rage mode whenever they were around. You often cried alone in your room when he wasn't there. Once he'd caught you and asked what was wrong. You told him you'd had another panic attack. He had believed you, but you hated lying to him.

One day, you heard knocking on your door. You expected Sans to come in when you said they could come in, but it was Cherry.  You had instant fear, but she quickly shushed you.

"I'm not here to cause trouble. Please listen to me (Y/N)." She said. You calmed down a little and nodded. She sat down on the bed. 

"What is it?" You asked. She almost instantly broke down into tears.

"I hate all this! Papyrus is so upset! He's trying to fix things with Sans, but he can't!  He's been crying and he's miserable! It's not fair on him! He shouldn't be trying to fix what I started! Please talk to Sans! That's all Papyrus wants! He just wants his brother back! I'm really sorry I told him to....you know. Please just talk to Sans! I don't care if he hates me, but make him forgive Papyrus please!" She begged. You thought for a second.

"What's Papyrus been saying to him?" You asked.

"He's been trying to tell him he's sorry for what he did and that he just wants to put all this past them." Cherry replied. You sighed.

"Look, I get it. Sans isn't the same now either. He's so mad and now that you say that I think I know why." You said. Cherry looked surprised and hopeful.

"Really?! What is it?!" She asked.

"I think Sans isn't accepting it because he thinks Papyrus shouldn't be saying sorry to him." You began. Cherry looked like she suddenly understood.

"He should be saying sorry....to you." She finished your thoughts for you. Then Cherry looked confused. "But if that's the case....then why hasn't he said anything to Papyrus?"

"He probably was 1: too angry, and 2: waiting for Papyrus to figure it out himself." You said. Cherry nodded.

"But then how was Papyrus supposed to do that? Sans never let's either of us near you and aren't you still terrified of him after what happened?" She asked. You felt guilt.

"I'm not really terrified of Papyrus anymore. I think I'm afraid of making all this worse. All of this is my fault. You didn't start this, I did." You said sadly. She frowned, looking guilty herself.

"I think we both share the blame for tearing them apart. You kidnapped Sans and then we attacked you, not knowing that everything had changed." She said. You nodded.

"We both did this. I don't even know if we can fix it." You admitted.

"We have to try." Cherry said. You nodded. 

"You'd better go though. Sans will be back soon." You said. She nodded and left.

"Bye (Y/N)."

"Bye Cherry, oh and Cherry?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry about 5 years ago." You said. She looked surprised, but she smiled warmly at you.

"Y-yeah, I'm sorry about 10 years ago too." You smiled.

"Later Cherry berry." You said. She smiled at the old nickname you had called her when you were kids.

"Later (nickname)." She replied and left, closing the door behind her.

*5 minutes later*

Sans walked in with a small bowl of (fav fruit). He came over to you and set them down on your nightstand. He sat down on the side of the bed.

"Hi Sans." You said with a small smile. He smiled back.

"heya doll." He said. "i brought some (fav fruit) incase you wanted something to eat." You smiled.

"Thanks, but I....I have to talk to you." You said. He looked confused for a second, but he nodded.

"okay, what is it?" He asked. You sighed. How would you word this?

"Well....I've noticed how you've been being kinda...mean to Papyrus." You said. He looked surprised. He got defensive.

"i'm just letting them know not to hurt you again. he pushed it too far! he almost killed you!" He said. You knew there was only one way to say this.

"I and didn't try to kill you?" You said. He froze. You kept going. "You know it's true. I tried to kill you and Papyrus. I tried to kill Cherry and her sister too. I've tried to kill others too. I have killed others. So what I'm saying is, even after knowing all of this, you still chose to forgive me. You could've killed me, but you SPARED me." You said. He looked stunned.

"i....i...." You cut him off.

"Actually, rephrase that, you didn't just SPARE me.....you chose to SAVE me. You.....you chose to love me....." You were now starting to cry at the thought that he'd do that for you. He noticed instantly. He hugged you and pulled you close and into his lap. You still cried with a shaky smile on your face.

"hey, it's okay. don't cry doll." He said. You continued.

"Y-you d-didn't have to do that. I d-didn't deserve your MERCY. I d-don't deserve your protection. I don't deserve you." You cried. He held you tighter.

"s-stop crying doll....if you don't i-i'll start." He said. 

"I'm just so sorry for everything I've done. It's my fault this happened." You said calming down. He sighed.

"it wasn't just you doll. it was all of us." He said. You nodded. Sans wiped the last of the tears away. "i'll talk to him." He said. You smiled and hugged him. He hugged back.

Sans' POV 

Sans walked out with (Y/N) right behind him. They walked over to where Papyrus and Cherry were. Cherry looked stunned and excited. Papyrus looked shocked. (Y/N) spoke first. 

"Papyrus, we both have something to tell you." She said. She nudged him. Sans sighed.

"i'm sorry i've been blocking you out bro. (Y/N) made me realize that this has gone too far.  can we go back to the way things were?" He asked. Papyrus instantly hugged him. He smiled. (Y/N) and Cherry smiled. They high fived each other. Cherry hugged her. She smiled.

"Thank you (Y/N)." She said. She chuckled.

"This has gone on long enough. We can't change the past, but we can fix the future. Together." She said. Cherry smiled.

"Speaking of fixing things." She snapped her fingers. Suddenly the bandages were gone and her scars were healed. She looked shocked. Then she smiled.

"Cherry you're awesome!" She said hugging her.

"Just like old times!" Cherry laughed. Sans and Papyrus smiled too. Finally. Things were fixed and everyone was forgiven. They could move on.