Chapter 8

(WARNING self harm triggers ahead!)

Sans' POV

It had been a few days. She let him walk around. Sans often just wandered, but he also watched her sit alone with a far off look in her eyes, or a glazed lost look. She was almost never in the present. Sans wanted to help her, but every time he tried to talk to her she'd just give a simple couple word answer. He didn't know what to do. Sans thought of something, but he doubted it would work. He was going to try.

"heya kid. what'cha doin'?" She just kept sitting there knees bought up close to her chest and arms resting on her knees along her head resting on her arms. Her (e/c) eye's were glazed.

"Nothing." She replied without moving to look at him. Even her gaze didn't waver. 

"heh, well i was wondering what did happen two nights ago?" No answer. "kid?"

"I remembered something." He was surprised.

"what?" A pause. Sans waited. He sighed. "if you don't want to talk about it i can lea-"

"My mother." She said. Sans listened. "I remembered the last day I was with her in my dream. It was slightly different though. I saw her-....." She stopped. 

"her what?" She didn't answer. He stared at her, concerned. "kid?"

"....." Still nothing. Sans grew worried. 

"(Y/N)?" Sans asked. She got up without a word and started to leave. Sans called out to her. "kid? wait! what's going on? why won't you talk to me?" He asked. She stopped.

"Leave." She said. Sans was confused.

"what?"

"Go home Sans." She said. Sans was shocked. He could leave? Sans thought about it. When he did he found he didn't want to.

"no." He said. She froze. She turned toward him slightly.

"What....?" She asked shocked.

"i'm not going to leave. what's wrong (Y/N)?" He asked.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?!" She growled. He grew angry. Sans was trying to help!

"why can't you just tell me what's wrong?!"

"I don't want to!"

"why do you think you can get through this by yourself!?"

"I've been fine before!"

"not anymore! just tell me what's wrong." He said. 

"No!"

"why not?!"

"BECAUSE IT'S YOUR FAULT!" She screamed. She was crying again. "You skeletons took everything from me.... Now you act like you care about us humans? Heh, yeah right." She said. Sans was shocked. 

"what happened to you?" He asked. She looked up at him. "you weren't always like this, were you?" She looked away. Sans walked over and hugged her. She just let him. Sans lead her to her room and helped her get to sleep. She needed rest. After she was asleep he was about to leave when he spotted something shiny in an open drawer. He walked over to her desk an opened the drawer to see what it was. He gasped. Shakily Sans picked it up. It was a knife. Sans' hands shook with fear. He turned it over and felt even more horror. There was dried blood on it. He dropped it. Sans turned back to her. He went back over. He carefully rolled up her sleeves. Cut marks. that's why she always wears long sleeves...... He realized. Sans left quickly. He took the knife with him. Sans went up to the roof and threw it far away. He collapsed onto his knees shaking with shock. She had cut herself many times over. Sans knew he had to help her, but he didn't know how.