Chapter 1

(WARNING this book may contain depression and self doubt triggers. If you struggled with anything similar or like this, I recommend caution. This book will also contain slight violence. If it becomes where it passes the mature line warnings will be provided. That is all, I hope you enjoy!)

Sans' POV

They had made it to the surface. Sans stood there with them his eyes closed as he enjoyed the rising sun. He stood next to his friends and his brother. He looked over and saw Frisk smiling happily. Sans couldn't help but feel a little worried. He knew about the kid's RESET ability. Hopefully they'd stay true to their word. Frisk had promised not to RESET. Sans could only pray they meant it. 

They headed out one by one until everyone was at the bottom of the mountain. Asgore spoke up.

"Alright everyone, we need to make a good first impression. Frisk, are you ready to introduce us to the humans?" He asked. Frisk nodded. They lead the way to the small city ahead. A young human child with their group of friends spotted them approaching first.

"Guys look! It's a group of monsters!" Once they got a little closer, Sans could see it was a young girl with blond pig tales, green eyes, and light tan skin. She was wearing a cute pink dress with a pink bow in her hair. The girl ran up to them smiling. "Hi! I'm Charlie! Nice to meet you!" She said. Her friends looked excited and ran up too. One called for their mother to come see. Sans shifted uncomfortably. He was't sure about the adult. Toriel stepped up for them.

"Hello my children! It is nice to meet all of you. I'm Toriel." She said. They instantly took a liking to her. Soon the kids started mingling with the other members of the group. Two girls took a liking to his brother, Papyrus.

"HELLO LITTLE HUMANS!" He said.

"Hi! I'm Maya! Are you strong?" She asked.

"WHY YES! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AM VERY STRONG!" He said. 

"Pick us up! Pick us up!" She said. He lifted both of them onto his shoulders. They laughed and screamed in delight. Sans smiled. At least he wasn't too much for them. Then a little boy walked up to him. 

"Hey! I'm Marco! I like your hoodie! Blue is my favorite color!" He said. Sans got an idea.

"well, i hope your not sad all the time then pal." He joked. He laughed.

"You're cool! My mom would love to meet you! She loves comedians!" He said. Sans chuckled.

"well then i've got a skele-ton of tricks up my sleeves." Sans said. He laughed harder.

"Man! Your good at that! If you went to my school you'd be the class clown!" He exclaimed. "I've gotta go though. Bye!" He said and left. Frisk smiled at him. Sans sighed.

"alright kid, ya got me. humans do like puns. guess i owe ya five bucks, heheh." Frisk giggled and skipped off to go talk to some of the others. Some parents had arrived and Asgore and Toriel were chatting with them. Sans had to admit, he was relieved that they had accepted them so quickly. He hoped that the higher-ups would be the same.

Soon the whole neighborhood had heard about them. Sans followed his friends along with some humans. He saw some people in matching uniforms up ahead. They walked up to them.

"HELLO!" Papyrus greeted. Sans scanned them. He saw that they had guns. He instantly grew hostile. Sans knew not to make a move. If he did they could shoot. 

"Hello, I'm Officer Linda. This is my partner Officer Nate." The women said.

"It is nice to meet you." Asgore said. They both lead them to the city mayor's office.