Chapter 5

Sans' POV/ first person

I watched her lead Papyrus to his own room. He said goodnight to me first. I liked Cherry, but seeing them dance together, it set me on edge. She seemed to get very close to him very fast. I watched them disappear into another room. Mystery lead me back to my own room. She smiled and said goodnight and left. I told her goodnight back and took off my hoodie. I laid down and pulled the covers over myself. I slowly fell asleep.

Cherry's POV

She went back to her own room after leading Papyrus to his room. She changed into her night gown and went to bed. 

*5 minutes later*

Someone knocked loudly on her door. She got up and walked over expecting to find Mystery.

"Yes?" She asked. Then she looked up and saw Papyrus.

"U-UM...S-SANS IS ASLEEP AND I-I WAS WONDERING....COULD YOU READ ME A BEDTIME STORY?" He asked. She smiled and nodded.

"I do them for my sister all the time! Come on. Let's go pick out a book from my library." She said and lead him to another room. Cherry let him pick out a book. He picked out a book called 'Starry Nights'. She new this one very well. She sat down in her reading chair and he sat on the floor. Then, Mystery popped out from around the corner.

"*Gasp*! Can I listen too? Please~!" She begged. Cherry nodded. She skipped over and sat down in Papyrus' lap. They both listened intently.

"Starry Nights." She began. Cherry opened the book and started reading. "Long, long ago, there was nothing but darkness. The sky had no sun, no moon, and no light. The sky decided it did not like this eternal darkness. It asked the mighty creator to give it life. The sky's wish was happily granted. 'With this darkness I shall add the sun to counter with light!' He said. And thus day was born. But now the sky was always staring into the bright light. There was nothing but white. The sky went to the creator once again. 'I cannot see anything in this light! It has gotten old and nothing ever happens!' it said. The creator thought about this. 'Very well, I shall add time and hours to day. I will give the darkness a bit more power. Day shall now know night. Night and day will share time in your sky.' The creator said. And so, the first day in history came to be. The sky was pleased until the first day was over. It realized this would repeat with nothing else."

"What did the sky do next sis!?" Mystery asked. Cherry chuckled. 

"Well, let's keep reading and find out." She said. "For the third time the sky confronted the creator. 'Now there is no excitement! Is simply switches from one to the other! Nothing new will happen!' It said. The creator nodded. 'I see, well then I shall add the sun and the moon to rule in your skies! They will give light to what I shall add next. I give you the Earth! Animals and Humans and Monsters shall live in peace on this Earth. Now day and night have the sun and the moon!' He proclaimed. The sky was pleased. The sky thanked him and watched it take place. The next day, the sky felt that something was missing. The animals, humans, and monsters were blind in the darkness of the night. The moon was not enough to guide them. The sky told the creator about this. 'They crash and stumble like the blinded! It is a saddened sight!' The sky said. The creator nodded. 'Then the moon shall have trillions and trillions of friends! I give you the stars! Each one shall light a path for a different life!' He said. And thus all life was guided by the beautiful starry nights. The end."

(I WROTE DAT ALL BY MYSELF! TAKE THAT BILLY GOATS GRUFF! HAHA! Lol jk! But I did come up with that on my own!)

Mystery yawned. Papyrus did too. Cherry smiled.

"Alright, time for bed." She said.

"Okay sis." Mystery said. She crawled out of Papyrus' arms and walked to her room sleepily. Papyrus stood up and yawned while stretching. Cherry smiled closing the book and putting it back on the shelf.