10: "Toto, I don't think we're in Nevada anymore!"

Start from the beginning

"Toto, I don't think were in Nevada anymore!" Cyra yells as Kid Flash scoops her up again and runs away from the tanks with his super speed.

It was then Cyra decided she never wanted super speed as a power. Not only did the sand get in her eyes from his running, but the wind made her hair whip around and her insides felt like they were going to fly right out of her. Not a very good feeling.

Cue the bullets that started raining down on them.

Cyra closed her eyes tightly as she tried to do the weird flying thing that all the Green Lanterns can do. Weirdly, a little voice started to speak in her head and she thought that she might be going crazy. Which, considering she was now a Green Lantern and was under gunfire, it was very much possible.

It's like floating. Just will yourself to be lighter. Will yourself to need to fly. It is all about will. It's pushing against gravity. Your will just has to be stronger than natural laws. It's easy!

It wasn't like her conscience talking. It was a male voice that sounded far away like a buried alive memory. It was gone so fast Cyra looked to see if Kid Flash had said it, but he seemed to focused with dodging the bullets that seemed to have no trouble keeping up with the speedster.

Cyra let out a breath as she tried to imagine herself fly up. Pushing against the ground and against gravity. Willing herself to get off the ground. Her gut yanked as she floated out of Kid Flash's arms and started to float in place.

A green aura surrounded her as Kid Flash gave her a started look. Cyra willed herself forward to follow to speedster's pace.

"I'm flying!" Cyra willed herself faster. "Heck yeah!"

"Now can you use any of those Green Lantern powers to destroy those tanks!" Kid Flash yelled over the sound of gunfire and explosions.

"Let's find out!"

Cyra turned to the tanks and tried to imagine something big that could destroy them. She focused on the detail, made everything green, pushed some will into it and boom! A giant piano fell onto one of the tanks, crushing it.

Cyra was starting to think she watched a little too much Tom and Jerry.

The other two tanks were knocked over by the blast, but there was one behind it that fired a big missile as the blonde teen. Cyra made another shield, but it wasn't very strong as it blew up instantly, making her fly backwards and hit the ground with a thud!

Cyra let out a groan as Kid Flash sped over and picked her up for the third time before running away from the large tanks, three of which were starting to regroup.

"Good job, GL," Kid Flash said. "But I think your a little rusty to take on four tanks."

Cyra let out a snort. "And what were you doing during this time? Watching me kick butt?"

"You paralyzed me with your beauty," Kid Flash smirked at her.

First, I'm a Green Lantern and then I'm crushing tanks--and now I'm being hit on by Kid Flash? Cyra thought in wow. It's been a pretty good day considering I lost my memory!

"Thanks?" Cyra said, but it sounded more of a question as Kid Flash moved between missiles being dropped around them. "You do know I can fly right?"

You could swear you saw a rose blush right under his green eyes under his mask. "I have a feeling we'll need your powers for later, so you just take a rest. I'll carry you."

Cyra found it slightly shocking to see that all that Green Lantern bizz didn't make her tired at all. She felt just how she did when she woke up. Cyra had a feeling this wasn't the first time she used these powers as she seemed to be acting on autopilot using them.