Chapter 31

------

ANOTHER Chapter dedicated to @ApplesAreAwesome1800 for the AWESOME edit she made for Willow's Legend!

-----

Chapter 31:

"Come on, Ara, you can do it!" Willow said, reaching her hand out for her little sister' hand.

Ara looked down at Willow her thin, dark eyebrows scrunching together in worry, "Willow, I am scared."

"Do you really think I would drop you?" Willow asked.

"Yes." Ara replied, then laughed.

That's good, Willow thought. Distract her from the real problem.

"Now," Willow said. "I have always caught you."

"No!" Ara laughed. "Remember at the pool, you said you would catch me and then Jasper called your name and you looked away and missed!"

Willow laughed, her voice ringing through the forest, "That was an accident."

Ara rolled her eyes and laughed again, her voice like wind chimes. "You promise to catch me?"

Willow bit her lip and looked up at how high she was up in the tree. It had been a foolish game of who can climb the highest. One of the branches cracked and the only way down for Ara was to jump.  Even though she wasn't showing it to her little sister, Willow's heart was beating inside her throat and she was clammy all over. Ara was only a child, only six years old, Willow was only twelve! How would she catch Ara? Especially from up so high! Willow gulped, "I promise." She whispered.

"What?" Ara said, leaning forward.

"ARA!" Willow shrieked, but it was too late, Ara had leaned to far forward and was spiraling down the air full speed, her scream for Willow echoing through the woods.

Willow started running, but she knew it was too late, she was too far and Ara was going to hit the ground hard. Death-blow hard. It was too late.

Too

Late.

There was a flash of black and a boom. It took Willow a moment to get oriented again, she blinked as a man dressed in all black set Ara down on the floor gently. Another person dressed in black came out. Like the man who caught Ara, he was covered head to toe in weapons. He was a little boy with a halo of blond hair that stood out next to his black clothing.

The boy's emerald eyes scanned the man, Ara, then landed on Willow. Willow looked back for minute, he looked to be about her age, twelve years old. But, what would a twelve year old be doing with weapons? He wasn't a Faery? What was he? He stared at her with the most peculiar expression, Willow couldn't quite place if it was awe or confusion or both.

The man who caught Ara looked at Willow and said, "Be careful next time." He then looked over at the little blond boy, "Michael,  go get your sister and brothers, we're going home."

The boy -Michael- nodded and took one last long glance at Willow before disappearing.The man then walked up to Willow and Willow froze as he injected something into her with a shot that had appeared out of nowhere. Her arm felt numb momentarily and her mouth dry. She licked her lips and asked, "What did you put in me?"