Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

        I'm going crazy. It's actually happening, I'm going crazy.

        Willow thought as she explained to Jasper what had happened the next day. They were in the library, in the Faery part of the research section. Jasper had unsuccessfuly looked through the Faery records, only to find endless books on the Amnesia's Revolutionary War that was started by Lyrabelle Jade, and the building of Amnesia, and the Warlock's Intervention Disaster thing; but not one thing on mysterious black-clothed, weapons filled group that she had encountered. 

        She explained to him everything that had happened in the dark alley. The fact that they knew her name and called her their “assignment”. The weapons. The killing. But the one thing she did leave out was what Michael had told her when he had left: "See you tomorrow night, Willow Glasspiers."

        She knew why she wasn't telling him, even though she wasn't going to admit it, it was because she wanted to go. She wanted answers, and she knew if she told Jasper he would go all protect mode, and not let her see them again.

        It felt like as if the answers to all of her questions were hanging over her head like a caged animal. All she had to do to get to it was wait. 

        Maybe it was insanity, the fact that she wanted to see them again. Maybe it was pure adrenaline. But she knew, whatever it was, it stronger than any emotion she had ever felt.

        They would come back for her, and the thought made her stomach twist excitedly.

        Just as you think that you have the world figured out, something new crushes all that you know, Jasper had once said.

        "Are you listening to me, Will?" Jasper said, snapping his fingers in front of Willow's face and using his nickname for her. 

        "Yeah, yeah." Willow muttered, blinking a few times to see correctly again. She looked dizzily over at Jasper. Jasper was furrowing his eyebrows at her, he knew it was unlike her to daydream, she was a in general alert person. 

    "So you do want to see the new Marvel movie?" He said, testing her lie. 

Willow's lips curled in amusement; Jasper knew well enough Willow hated the superman movies. Really, she never liked any of the movies Jasper enjoyed. 

        "I knew it," he teased. "You're probably drooling over the looks of the blonde kid."

        She jumped a little. She had been aware that Michael had some good looks up his sleeve, but she never expected Jasper to tease her about it. In fact, she was surprised that she wasn't expecting it. Jasper always teased like that, what was different about it now? "No, no. He's ugly." Willow replied, avoiding Jasper amused eyes. She was a horrid liar, but she still lied on a regular basis anyway. 

        "Yeah, you keep telling yourself that when you dream about his blonde, waving hair tonight."

        She rolled her eyes and elbowed him in the rib cage, but didn't respond. "Are you hungry?" She said suddenly and effectively starting a new conversation.

        "We just ate!"  He argued. 

        "So, I am still hungry." 

        He just laughed at her. "Well, I'm going to Gloria Jean's for a coffee and a Biscotti, if you want to come..." she let the words hang, taunting him, knowing that he loved Italian food, especially Biscotti. 

        Jasper sighed indignantly and replied, "Of course I do. Maybe it will take your focus off of the 'mysterious yet incredibly good looking/ blonde kid," he continuously teased her, standing up with her. 

Hopefully it will, she thought to herself. 

* * * * * * * * * *

        "Can we play CandyLand?" Gretel begged, clinking to Willow's sleeve as she poured some cerial into a glass bowl. 

    "Later, Gret." Willow replied, shaking Gretel's hand off her sleeve and walking to the fridge. She grabbed the jug and milk and walked back to the counter to pour it in the bowl. After sticking a spoon in it she handed it to Gretel. Gretel's six year old hands were unsteady so Willow followed her to the couch to make sure she didn't spill anything. 

    "But, Ara's gone to Amnesia for schooling, Dad and Mum are in Amnesia, too, doing some work, so, who in this world is going to play with me but you? Who doesn't like CandyLand? It's a place for candy to overrule the dark forces of reality and I will fall into a pit of dark sadness and agony if we do not play. The world will be over--"

    Willow rolled her eyes at her little sister's dramatic air, "I promise I'll play with you tomorrow, okay?"

    Gretel turned on her, her eyes wide and very focused, "Promise?'

    Willow laughed, "Promise." Then sat herself on the couch. "What do you want to watch?" she asked, grabbing the remote and turning on the TV. 

    "Um, what you watch!" Gretel said, jumping up and almost spilling the milk in her cerial bowl everywhere. "The one with evil but nice Rumplesstil--Rumplestilkin--" Willow smiled at her stumbling over the name Rumpelstiltskin.

    "Once Upon A Time is not for you, Gret."

    "It is, too! I watch it all the time."

    "And when is all the time?"

    "When you send me to bed but I don't really go to bed." the little girl replied bluntly. 

    Willow laughed, "Bubble Guppies it is," she teased.

    She was happy Bubble Guppies was a short show and it ended before Willow could die of boredom. Soon enough, the credits rolled on and she sent the half awake Gretel back to her bedroom. 

    As soon as she shut the door to her little sister's bedroom the house was eerily quiet. Willow walked in sock feet over to the couch as if not to awake the ghost she slowly sat down. 

    Black clouded the edges on her vision, she hadn't realized how exhausted she really was. Without a fight she let darkness take her.