Chapter 28

----------

BTW: Ara is pronounced 'Air-ah'.

PS. You are about to learn something major, comment and vote if you catch it ;)

---------

Chapter 28:

Dear Mom, Dad, Gretel, Ara, and Jasper,

The ball is over. Didn't go as bad as I thought it would. This is my last note that I am aloud to give to you. I wish I could continue, but only up to three notes.

I hope life is going on as normal as it can be for you guys.

Things are as weird as you may imagine.

Lessons. That is what explains my time of disappearing. I have been taught how to use various 'Kale' weaponry and I have been strengthening, too.

The soft Willow you used to know is no longer soft. The world has changed so much in such a short period. And the sad thing is, that it isn't the world that has changed, it is me. To think that if I were to come back home, it would never be the same. That nothing would ever go back to normal, because it isn't the world that has changed. It is me. And what used to be my life, is just a ghost. I will never sit in that diner with you, Jasper, and for it to be the same as it was.

The thought saddens me, somehow.

I hope you are doing well. Hopefully, better than me. My time is running out, one more month. A month has never seemed like a short time, until now. The clock is ticking, and I feel that I will never truly be prepared for the immense steps I am taking.

I am only living, and I am scared of death. But, death is sometimes inevitable. I hope you'll make out without me. I am sure you will.

So close to death, I have been thinking about life. About the living. Sure, you will remember me for a while, but what about in two thousand years, when the time has passed. I'll just be whisper in the wind, long gone. Not that, that bothers me much. It's more of, if we're all to be forgotten, do we really exist at all?

I wish the best of luck to all of you. This may be the last time you ever hear of me again. I will be but another whisper in the wind.

I hope you'll all find something worth living for, something worth fighting for. I hope you chase your dreams, always. I hope you never forget how much I love you all. I hope you treasure each other's company at all costs.

I hope only the best for all of you. I wish I could extend this letter for ever, to never truly say goodbye. But, sometimes, you have to let go.

My last goodbye, I'd never thought it would be written out like this. I'd never really given thought to how I would die, mostly because I am only seventeen and I have 900 years ahead of me (thinking about how Amnesians live 1000 years, really makes me feel funny). Well, had 900 years ahead of me. I wonder how long Ganashes live....

Stalling for time, even I can't keep to what I am saying. I wish I could hear from you, could hear you respond. Hear your voices again, never have to let go. Sometimes, I wonder why I even said yes to this mission. Why did I say I would go? What was the point of an adventure to remember, if you don't even have the chance to remember?

Goodbye, at last. I love you all, forever and always. Always and forever.

-Willow