X V I I I

S T O R M

The rest of our little holiday was amazing. Our little getaway helped Elliot and I bond.

We had kept our phones off for most of the time to ignore the flood of calls and texts from our band mates. It was our time.

Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever. After a few days, we decided that it was time to return home. We then packed up and checked out.

"I honestly don't want to go back," I sighed as Elliot drove the Buick down the freeway.

"I know. Hey, maybe one day you and I can get a place of our own. What say you?"

I nodded. "Sure," I looked out the window. The weather was being strange again. It had gone from being -16 degrees Celsius and snowing to around 15 degrees Celsius and raining in a matter of a few days. It was still cold, but the weather was nasty and a pain in the arse to drive in. The roads were very slippery.

"Christ," muttered Elliot as the car began to slow down. "More bloody traffic!"

I didn't say anything.

"We're not even half way there," Elliot continued.

"Do we have to be there by a certain time?" I asked, somewhat irritated by his complaining.

"No, but I'd like to be there before dark."

"Relax. We will be back home before the sun sets."

"And how do you know?"

"Well," I began, "we may be stuck in a traffic jam but it is only noon. It only takes two hours to get there. The sun doesn't set until around 16 or 17:00 hours, darlin. We will make it."

"We still need to stop to get gas, to eat, to use the loo-"

"Elliot." I said firmly. "We will get there. Quit bitching for the love of God! And even if it does take a while, at least we can spend some time together, yeah?"

He grunted. "Maybe you should drive then, since we'll get there so quickly,"

"I do not-"

"With this weather, Storm," he gripped the steering wheel, "it'll take forever. There's so many accidents."

"Baby, I-"

"Just be quiet. Please."

I nodded and slumped down into the car seat.

---
-----------------------------

I had eventually fallen asleep for maybe a few hours or so. When I woke up, the car was no longer moving and Elliot was no longer in the driver's seat.

I sat up, panicked. I looked out of the windows to see that we were in a car park...to a gas station.

I sighed in relief. He had probably gone to use the loo. I stretched and checked the time on my watch.

15:00 hours.

"What the hell!" I shouted to myself.

Elliot came out of the small building holding two bags. He unlocked the driver's side door and got in, handing me the bags.

"What's this?" I asked.

He began to fumble with his fingers, a quirk of his that he only does when nervous or scared. "I'm sorry for acting like such a dick earlier." He looked into my eyes, then darted them back to his hands. "I really am. Was just cranky, is all..."