I V

S T O R M

The school I went to was pretty big. I was starting my freshman year at a public high school. Northern Prescott Tech.

The moment I got there, I felt lost already.

Charlotte had already spoken to the principal, and I was to meet with him first thing that morning. The principal's office was not too hard to find, however, as the main office was right at the front of the school.

After being escorted to the principal's office by one of the staff members, I waited outside of a large wooden door with a silver plaque that had "PRINCIPAL REY" engraved onto it, nailed on the door's center. I sat on a wobbly plastic chair that was placed right outside of his door.

After what seemed like forever, the door opened. A middle aged woman came out of his office, smiling and laughing in a friendly manner. Mister Rey looked at me with his tired brown eyes and he smiled, his gray mustache curling up as his mouth did.

"You must be Miss Ashka! Come, come I've been excited to see you here."

I nodded my head and followed him into his office.

His office was as big as my living room back in Crawley (not big for a living room but pretty big for an office). He had a large desk full of papers and small fidgeting toys and books and student handbooks. I looked around the room.

"Welcome, Miss Ashka. How are you doing today?" He asked.

I smiled back but could not muster anything.

He nodded. "So, Miss Ashka, your aunt...She emailed me and told me everything that had happened over the past few months." His expression went from warm and welcoming to serious. "We here at Northern Prescott want you to feel safe and welcome here. If there is anything, and I mean anything you need we will do our best to try and help you. Okay?"

I bit my lip and nodded.

"Listen. I know you're under a lot of stress. It's totally understandable young lady. We have a whole team of guidance counselors here to help you, okay?" He pulled out an envelope labeled "ASHKA".

I was starting to hate my last name after hearing it so much.

"This is your class schedule. I will have a student show you all of your classes, okay?" Said Mister Rey as he handed me the white envelope.

"Mhm..."

I carefully opened the envelope.

"ASHKA, STORM SUMMER", it read at the top.

AGE: 14

GRDE: 09

SEX: F

DOB: 07/14

WGHT: 87.5 lbs

HGT: 4'11

ID: 71290608

I scanned the schedule. First class I had was Biology, Ms. Isaac. Seemed reasonable. Computer Science, Mr. Taft. English 09, Ms. Tanner. It went on.

"All set?" I jumped. I had forgotten that Mister Rey was in the room with me.

I cleared my throat and stuttered, "Y-yes sir."

⛈⛈⛈