Ignitable - Chapter Twenty Six

Cade...

"Happy Christmas, handsome!" It's early, and my girl is excitedly up early. Like a child, she is bouncing on the bed beside me, determined to wake me up.

Pulling hard on her camisole, she falls right on top of me with a loud squeal. "You wanted me awake...we, are now very much awake." Pushing my morning glory into the avenue of her groin, Sophia soon becomes aware of just how awake I really am.

"Your erection can wait...presents first." Straddling me, she twists her body to reach around for a pearlescent box with a big silver bow on.

"What? No festive frolics first?"

Sophia gives me that adorable scolding look of hers. "Presents first."

I don't think I'll ever be able to say no to my girl, so I sit up, making sure that Sophia remains straddled on me, because I like her sitting on me that way. "Okay, presents first." I have never celebrated Christmas. I have never understood the power of giving and the spirit of goodwill. That is, until the beautiful woman who is sexily now straddling me. Until her, I had no inclination to buy a gift for someone. I had no inclination to be a part of Christmas in any shape or form. But with Sophia, I have willingly been swept along with all that the festive time means. So I went out and bought mistletoe and mulled wine. I thoroughly enjoyed putting tinsel and coordinated baubles on our Nordman fir Christmas tree. I even got excited when we first switched on the fairy lights that we had comically wrapped all around our tree. Yeah, I've been sucked into the whole Christmas thing. And I have enjoyed being sucked into it. So here I am, doing Christmas, and opening up a box of presents that has been lovingly wrapped with Sophia's own fair hands. Taking out the first square box, I peel away the glossy black wrapping paper with a smile. Once free of its paper parcel, I see that I am holding a bottle of new aftershave in my hands. Opening the lid, I inhale the masculine top notes of citrus fruits and sandalwood, followed by the subtle after tone of spicy berries. "I like it, thank you."

Eager for me to open the next present, Sophia instructs me to do just that. "Open your next one." She quietly claps her hands together, which only makes me smile.

Reaching inside the box, I find a soft and squishy present. Once fully unwrapped, I have three pairs of designer socks from London Sock Company. The next present is a chunkier square box, which I eagerly unwrap. Inside of a red box, on a bed of black shredded tissue, is a handmade glass bauble. In glittery black writing, it says:

Our first Christmas.

Our first bauble.

Cade and Sophia December 2016

Grabbing her by the nape of her neck, I hungrily kiss Sophia. My hungry kiss is a thank you and an I love you, all gratefully rolled into one. "What a great idea." I cheerfully say, actually enjoying opening presents far more than I ever thought I would. "Okay, what's my next one?" My smirk is peeking up at Sophia, as I pull out yet another square present, only this one is much smaller. Again, I peel away the carefully wrapped layers. Within my fingers, I hold a velvet box. Lifting the lid, I see some cuff links. Taking one out, I can see that the cuff links are made of sterling silver with black enamel dice on them. "Sophia, you really shouldn't have spent so much money on me?"

Shrugging her shoulders, she dismisses me with such a sweet and shy smile. "I wanted to."

Gazing back down at the cuff link that I still have held between my fingers, I admire it. "These are lovely...too much, but lovely." My eyes flick to hers, silently still telling her off for spending too much on me.