Chapter 21

Makoto goes to Haru’s house like he usually does.

            “What are you doing alone here kitty?” a girl hazel brown hair said while caressing the cat that he use to see on his way. Her face was covered by her hair so he cannot really see her face but he can’t stop himself from coming nearer to the girl. He was like pulling him to her.

            “Oh Makoto-kun you’re here. Aren’t you going to Haru now?” the old lady said, this brings him back to his track. This also startled the cat and runs away, then the girl stands up looking at the cat’s way.

            “A-ah yes I’m going to Haru.” He said looking at the girl in the corner of his eyes.

            The girl started to walk away. He didn’t have a chance to see her face.

            “He left already. He’s actually running when I meet him.” The old lady said.

            “He already left? Where do you think he’s heading to?” he asks.

            “I don’t know, but he is his uniform so he might going to school.” The old lady responds.

            “Oh, ok then I’ll go ahead now see you later obaachan.” He waves and went to school.

**Earlier in Haru’s house

            He wakes up early and decided to prepare for school than he usually does. The cook and dress up and go to school earlier. He runs towards the door and come running towards Umi’s house. He knocks when he got there and Umi were surprise by his presence.

            “What are you doing here?” she asks.

            “To walk you to school.” He said with his expressionless face.

            “O-oh I see, can you wait for a while I’ll just finish my bento and we can head together to school. Come in.” she said and he does what she says.

**Present time

            The school gets smooth on everyone until they heard the news when they get to the club room.

            “W-WHAT?!” everyone except Umi and Haru shouts. They cover their ears.

            “I-is that true? Y-you two are together n-now?” Gou asks the two and they nod.

            “KYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! YAAAAAAY!!!! YEHEY!!! Finally they are lovey dovey…” they shout jumping in joy.

            “YES all our hard works are paid.” Gou said while there are tears in Nagisa’s eyes.

            “W-what do you mean hard works?” Umi asks curiously. They sweatdropped.

            “A-ah n-nothing we mean we are so happy for the both of you.” Gou said holding the hands of Umi. She just narrows her eyes to Gou.

            “We must celebrate this. There is no practice today.” Gou announced.

            “I don’t think so.” Umi said. They stop partying (??) “Haru is already on the pool.” She added.

            They continue their practice as they usually do. After practice, Gou and Nagisa insist to celebrate but they don’t succeed because the couple didn’t even want to have one. Umi said that we can have a celebration if we won on the regionals. They pout but didn’t win. So they went to their respective homes. Haru, Umi and Makoto walked together since their houses are near.

            “I’m sorry I forgot something I need to get back.” Makoto suddenly said.

            “We’ll wait for you here.” Haru said.

            “N-no, I’ll be fine, you may go ahead without me.” He said and started to jog away.

            Makoto have a walk without heading anywhere. He realized that his feet bring him to the port where the fishermen’s boats are located. There are few boats because some of them went fishing so you can still see the calm ocean in best view. While enjoying the view, he saw again the girl earlier sitting at the side. Her feet almost touching the salt water as she lightly wave her feet. She was like waiting more than having a sight seeing. He decided to sit along side, not too far to the girl and enjoy the view along with her. Silence filled the air as the wind blew colder to their skin. Later then the girl speaks.

            “The ocean is really calm today, isn’t it?” she said. Makoto looks at her and she does also to him. She gives a light smile making her brown eyes glow warmer as she speaks.

            “Do you always go here?” she asks.

            “N-no. I just passed by and decided to rest for a while.” He said and smiles too. “You’re not from here, don’t you? I haven’t seen here.” He asks.

            “The calm ocean is beautiful but its terrifying when it’s angry.” She said. “About your question, it’s a yes and a no.” she smiles. “I lived here when I was a kid but we move to other place or rather country when I was in 5th grade, but we will move back here now again.” She said and stands up.

            “I mustn’t talk to stranger, but you don’t look bad or anything. You look opposite of that so I think its alright.” She said as she turns to him, smiling. He also stands up and turns to her.

            “I must introduce myself to you so I won’t be a stranger to you anymore. I’m Makoto.” he said.

            “I’m Kate.” She said and bows. “It’s nice to meet you Makoto-kun. I’ll have to now, bye.” She said and started to jog away.

            “Will you go again here tomorrow?” he shouts asking her.

            “I don’t know maybe if my feet want to go here again.” She shouts back and jogs away again.