Chapter 19 Unlucky day!?

They are in all doing their usual routine. They are swimming in the pool strengthening their abilities with the help of Umi and Sasabe-sensei. Using an underwater camera they are able to see them in the water.

            “That’s terrible Nagisa.” Sasabe-sensei shouts. Umi is just watching them carefully.

            “I’m sorry sensei.” He apologizes. Sasabe sighs.

            “Alright, everybody gather here.” Sasabe announce everyone comes to him.

            “We will have a mini tournament.” He said.

            “WHAT?!” everybody said.

            “What’s with that reaction? It’s just to try if you have a match to each other and will determine who is the fastest among all of you.” He said.

            “I’m fine with that.” Haru said.

            “Yeah, but what will be the reward of the winner?” Rei asks.

            “Hmmmm, a gift certificate.” He said.

            “A gift certificate… on what?” Umi asks.

            “Wait if there’s a winner, there are losers. What will be the punishment then?” Gou asks. They all nod.

            “Yeah, she’s right.” Makoto said.

            “That last to finish the race will be the slave of everybody for a week.” He said.

            “W-What!? That’s cruel *pout*” Nagisa said.

            “No more reaction, prepare now.” He said and they start to walk away then Sasabe sensei called Umi.

            “Ah Umi-chan, you join the mini tournament.” He said.

            “HA!! M-Me? But-“ she was cut off.

            “I said no more buts, prepare now. I want to see if the rumors are true.” He said.

            “What rumors?” she said.

            “We’ll see it later.” He said.

            “B-but…” she will try to say something more but was ignored by Sasabe sensei. She sighs and told to herself “Why I’m always ended up defeated to them.”

            So everybody prepares including Umi. They have their warm ups and stretches and then go to the plat form.

            “Alright so we’re going to start the mini tournament.” Gou announces.

            “Alright let’s do this.” Nagisa said enthusiastically.

            Then they are on their starting position and later then the signal is given. Everyone jumps into the pool and started their way. Everyone is really near to each other so it’s hard to predict who will win. It was intense, Gou and Sasabe was watching closely to them trying not to even blink, because they might miss the exciting part. When its time to have a turn back to the starting point, Umi left behind by others and later on she was on the last place.

            “Hey, Sasabe sensei, Umi became last and her gap between others are getting farther.” Gou notices.

            “Let’s see what will happen.” He just said.

Umi stops swimming and slowly sinking.

“Sasabe sensei, Umi-chan is drowning!” Gou shouts.

            “I can’t continue anymore,” she said to herself and starting to lose her consciousness and fall deeper to the pool. Before she could finally close her eyes she saw a silhouette and feel hand hold her wrist and waist.

            She slowly opens her eyes and was suddenly blinded by light but later then her eyes adjusted and she realize that she was already in the school clinic.

            “Umi-chan is awake now.” Gou said happily and suddenly hugs her.

            “Hey Umi-sempai is still weak let her rest.” Rei said to Gou.

            “Umi-chan, are you alright now?” Nagisa asks. She can only nods for now. Everybody sigh in relief.

            “W-what happen?” she said trying to remember anything before she lost her consciousness.

            “You’re drowned but Haru-chan saves you.” Nagisa said she looks at Haru but he looks away a light pink tint was painted to his cheeks.

            “He turns back to save you even he is already in the 1st place.” Gou added.

            “T-thank you H-Haru-kun.” She said.

            “But Umi-chan why did you suddenly drowned?” Nagisa asks.

            “That’s not beautiful, it scares us.” Rei commented.

            “Uhm… eto… I’m not really into competitive swimming, y-you see I swim in my own pace a-and it’s been a long time since I stopped swimming…” she tries to explain.

            “She’s right; it was all sudden to her.” Nagisa agrees.

            “So… I will be everybody’s slave for a week since I didn’t finish the race.” She said.

            “No… that will not be counted by now. Just have you’re rest.” Sasabe said.