Chapter 10 Getting Closer: Trainer

Umi became closer to the swimming team. Gou always inviting her to the pool or we may say dragging her literally. She also begins to smile more often than their first meetings.

            “What if you join our swimming team Umi-chan?” Nagisa said while having their break after training.

            “That’s impossible; Umi-chan is a girl you know.” Gou protested.

            “Yeah, I know, she is going to be like you, a manager like that.” Nagisa explained.

            “I think you don’t need an assistant manager. That’s too much” Umi said.

            “But with that, Umi-chan will going with us more often.” Nagisa said.

            “I can still support you even I’m not part of the team.” She said.

            “Do you know anything about competitive swimming?” Makoto asked.

            “A little, I know some strokes you are guys doing.” She answered.

            “Can you tell it to us?” Nagisa asked.

            “Uhm, Nagisa-kun uses breast stroke; Makoto-kun uses back stroke; Rei-kun uses butterfly stroke and Haru-kun uses freestyle as he always say. But there are some differences in your swimming.” She said.

            “What do you mean?” Gou asked.

            “I don’t want to interfere but, I think everybody needs to develop shoulder and leg muscles strength. Another is stamina. It is a race and shortest time will win right.” She said.

            “We already now that.” Rei said.

            “When I watch Rei-kun practicing I notice that you already giving out your energy from the start. The tendency, you are out of energy before you could finish the track. But if you develop stamina and muscle strength it can help you conserve energy and use it at the last part of the race. With that, right swimming skills and strategy you could win.” She explained.

            “You’re right Umi-chan” Gou agreed.

            “How did you know all of that?” Nagisa asked.

            “I don’t know I just thinking of racing on water.” She said.

            “Why don’t you become their trainer?” Ama-chan sensei popped out from nowhere.

            They all jump in surprise.

            “Ama-chan sensei when did you” Rei said.

            “You are a good swimmer Umi-chan. Maybe you can help them to develop stamina. You’re doing it on diving right.” Ama-chan sensei said.

            “But I’m not sure if it’s the same.” She said.

            “Yehey, Umi-chan will be our trainer.” Nagisa and Gou said in joy.

            “Then it is set now Umi-chan will be the swimming clubs trainer.” Makoto said.

            “Is it alright with you Haru?” he asked Haru. Haru just stand up and jumps into the pool again.

            “Wait but” Umi said but no one listens to her they are happy about the news. She just sighs and listens to them.

            While Haru is swimming on the pool, a small smile formed in his lips.

(A/N: YEAH chapter 10 is up. Thank you for reading this. hihi. I hope you enjoy the story and this chapter.)