Chapter 11 1st day: 1st talk

“What do we have now Umi-chan?” Nagisa asks. Today was her first day as their trainer.

            “Uhm, well today we have a special training.” She said.

“But before that you have to wear this.” She gave a box containing a pillow like things that has straps.

“What’s this?” Rei asks as he examines the pillow like things.

“You have to wear that on your waist and on your both hands and feet.” She said.

They do as she says.

“Then what now?” Haru asks.

“All of you have to swim 100 laps around the pool without stopping.”  She said.

“That’s all?” Makoto asks.

“Yeah. If there’s no more question you may start now so we can finish early today. Don’t try to cheat cause we’re watching you.” Gou said.

They started to swim. When they already finish 20 laps Nagisa felt tired and notice something.

“Was it just me or this thing is really getting heavier?” he commented.

“I felt that too.” Makoto agreed.

“There is something in this thing.” Rei said.

“Hey, are you taking a rest? Swim now.” Gou shouts at them.

“Wait Umi-chan, why is this thing is getting heavy?” Nagisa asks.

“Oh I forgot to tell you. That thing is getting heavier when soaked in water. You have to endure it until you finish 100 laps.” She said.

“What!? You mean it will get heavier?” Rei asks.

“Yes” she said.

“Now swim and finish the 100 laps before it become heavier that you can’t carry anymore.” Gou said.

They swim and swim until they finish their 100 laps. They are all tire and almost out of breath.

“*pant*pant*pant* that was so tiring. “Makoto commented.

“Yeah *pant*pant*pant* this is terrible.” Nagisa said.

“Congratulations you all did it.” Gou and Umi said.

“But that will almost kill us.” Rei said.

“Don’t you worry if you get drown Umi-chan will save you all.” Gou said.

“Huh!? Why me?” she said.

“Cause that’s your training activity and you’re the one who is responsible for that.” Gou said.

“EH.” She said.

“Ok that’s all for today. Tomorrow you will swim 150 laps.” Gou said.

They fix themselves and prepare to leave.

Haru and Makoto went home together. As they walk on the road near the shore, they saw again Umi looking at the sun set. This time Makoto call her.

“Umi-chan” he said and the two went over her.

“Oh Makoto-kun, Haru-kun you’re heading home?” she asks.

“Yeah, we’re going home when we saw you here. What are you doing here by the way?” Makoto asks.

“Uhm nothing, I was just looking at the sun set.” She said.

“Oh I see.” He said as they all look at the sunset.

“Oh I forgot I need to go now I have to do something.” Makoto said and taps Haru’s shoulder.

“Bye Umi-chan, Haru.” He said and runs away.

“You don’t go with him?” she asks looking at him.

“I can’t still take my eyes on the sunset.” He said looking at the sunset.

She just shifts her head from him to the beautiful scenery in front of her. Haru then look at her in the corner of his eyes.

“Haru-kun, which do you like more swimming or water?” she asks still looking at the sunset.

“I love them both.” He said.

“If you say so. What if you cannot swim again will you still love water?” she asks again.

“That won’t happen to me.” He said she chuckled.

“I wish I could say that too.” She said looking away to the sunset and starts to walk on the shore. Haru then follows her.

“Makoto told me that your house is just near on mine.” She said.

“Yeah.” He said.

They stop and silence come on both of them.

“Do want to walk together?” they said in unison. Their faces then turn crimson red.

“Sure” they said in unison again. She laughs and said “Let’s go.”

They went home together.

“You know what Haru-kun I envy you.” She said not looking at him.

“Why?” he asks looking at her.

“Cause you swims freely.” She said.

“You swim the same.” He said.

“There’s my house.” pointing at it. They reached it and they stop.

“Uhm. Bye Haru-kun.” She said.

“Bye Umi-chan” he said then starts to walk away.

“See you tomorrow Haru-kun.” She said smiling and waving at him. Later then, she enters the house.

[A/N: this is their first serious conversation. is that serious Hahaha how as it? Was it corny? My mind is weird today >.< ]