Chapter 13 The Camp2 They Meet: Late at Night

The next day they started their training.

            “Ok this is the plan. You all have to swim from here to that island. The island is almost 1.5 kilometer away from here. Then during sunset you have to run around the shore.” Umi instructed.

            “Isn’t that too much?” Nagisa said.

            “I only refer to this routine schedule that Gou found. And besides, you’re the one who want this training camp.” She said.

            “Yeah so what are you waiting for swim now” Gou said.

            They do what Umi instructed. Umi and Gou sit on the shore enjoying the good weather. Later then, one of the guys raises his hands and moving hysterically. He looks like his drowning. Umi notice this first then call the attention of Gou. The other boys finally notice that also and help him to get back to the shore. Nagisa and Makoto held his arms and Haru supports his body. The girls then wait them to the shore.

            “Hey, Rei are you alright?” Gou asks tapping his cheeks.

            “He doesn’t respond.” Nagisa said he place his ear to Rei’s chest observing his heartbeat. “His heartbeat is slow.” He added. Umi tries to give him CPR but doesn’t work.

            “I think we need to do a mouth to mouth to him.” She said looking at their worried friends. “Haru do it.” She said. Haru step back, the others are looking at him.

            “Do it now Haru.” Makoto said.

            “We need to save his life.” Gou added, trying to convince him.

            “Haru don’t just stand there, his life is in danger.” Umi said trying to make him a little guilty to perform a mouth to mouth with Rei. Haru then kneels down and hold Rei’s chin and nose. The others are attentively watching him. He leans his face to Rei. When there are some inches away from each other he stops.

            “Come on Haru do it now.” Umi said. He gulp then performs it. A little while Rei move his hand.

            “He moves.” Nagisa said pointing on Rei’s hand. Later he coughs. Rei slowly opens his eyes, dazzled to the sunlight striking to his eyes. Everyone sigh in relief.

            “Are you alright Rei?” Umi ask.

            “Y-Yeah what happened?” He said dizzily trying to remember everything.

            “You drowned while in the training. Then…” Nagisa said but was interrupted by Makoto.

            “Thanks to Haru cause he saves you.” Makoto said smiling.

            “Thank you Haru sempai.” He said.

            “He…” Nagisa is going to tell what Haru just did but Gou covers his mouth.

            “Hahaha… we are all tired and hungry now. Maybe we need to take a rest and eat.” She said and they are all agreed.

            “I need to go to the grocery to buy some supplies.” Umi said.

            “I’ll go with you.” Haru said with his stoic face.

            “I want to go too.” Nagisa said.

            “No Nagisa, we need to get back.” Makoto said. “Yeah” Gou agreed.

            “It’s ok if he want to come with us.” She said. In the end, everyone go to the grocery store.