Chapter 34

• make your decisions out of love rather than fear. It is love that will free you with light it is fear that will strangle you with darkness •

    The sun was shining today giving warmth after all the cold days. It felt good for a change. I felt like all the bad things happened on all the cold days and today was finally going to be a good day. We were all going for a group date and the girls had decided that we would be going for a picnic. I hadn't gone on a picnic for months, maybe years and the thought of a picnic was making me really excited.

"Are you done with the basket?" Jenna asked me as she poked her head into the kitchen through the door.

"Yeah. I just have to put the sandwiches." Jenna nodded and disappeared into the hallway.

I turned towards Gemma who was filling another basket. "Is Brett coming?" I asked.

"He says his date is really annoying so he cancelled it with her. He says he rather go babysit his cousins than be the third wheel in the group when I asked him to come with us."

"He's not even the third wheel. He's the 9th." Gemma snickered from beside me. She was acting really happy that Brett won't be coming with us but I knew he felt bad for her best friend.

Chance and Kiara had gone on a little date of their own since it was their 4th anniversary as a couple so they wouldn't be joining us as well which was kind of sad. But I did hope for them to have a really good time.

"So when is Noah coming?" I asked while looking over some things we missed out.

"He said he had to run an errand for his mom. So he should be coming about n-"

"Hey." Noah poked his head in the kitchen just in time. I blinked at their timing. This was unreal.

"Hey." I greeted as he entered the kitchen and pecked Gemma's cheek. They were so cute.

"Where are the rest?" He asked, looking at me.

"They went to get some stuff. Zach must be in the driveway putting away things." I answered, picking up the basket and excusing myself before heading out the front door.

There were two cars in the driveway. Gabriel had brought over a truck instead of his Porsche which made me think just how rich he was again. I sighed and headed towards the truck and opened the passenger side door and placed the basket gently on the seat.

Then I felt a presence behind me. I smiled when I realised what he was about to do.

"Tickle me and you won't be getting any of my sandwiches." I threatened without looking back.

"Damn. You have a sixth sense or something?" Zach asked, letting out a surrendering sigh.

I turned back, facing him. He looked fresh today. With a white T-shirt under a sky blue shirt and khahi shorts with his favorite black converse. He hair was slightly swaying with the breeze which also made his scent waft towards me. He smelled like the warm summer as always.

"I just know the feel of your presence." I said seriously.

"I'm starting to think you're really a psychic." He said, scrunching his nose up in a cute way. I laughed.

"You never know."

A mischievous glint appeared in his eyes and I didn't even have time to think when he trapped me in a headlock. He made sure not to hold me too tightly though.

"What are you doing?" I shrieked at the sudden attack. "Let me go, you idiot!"

"What were you threatening me with? Your sandwiches? You know I love your sandwiches. You shouldn't have done that." He smugly said while I squirmed under his hold, trying to get away.

"Zach! This is uncomfortable! Let me go!" I said again while laughing. I missed having this much fun with him. With all that had happened, I was glad we could still act like we usually did.

Instead of letting me go, Zach ruffled my hair making me groan in annoyance. I had to make my ponytail again!

"Say you missed me. Then only I'll let you go." Zach suddenly said making me freeze. Did he feel lonely without me like I did without getting to spend time with him?

He slowly let me go and I turned to look at him giving me a sad yet satisfied smile. It was so unlike him to be sad but he was human too. He brought his hand forward near my face and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ears, his hand lingering there for a while.

"I know you're happy and that makes me happy but I missed you. Honestly." He said, making my heart thump a little. It was not that feeling of longing towards him. It was that feeling of excitement you got when you meet a close friend after a long time. With Zach being with Maddison and me being with Gabriel most of the time, I didn't get to spend much time with him and now that we were having our alone time, I actually realised I was a little bit lonely to not have my best friend with me for a while.

I gave him a small smile and placed my hand on top of his hand which was now resting on my cheek then leaned into his touch of warmth and familiarity.

"I missed you too."

He gave me a full blown smile and was about to say something when we were interrupted.

"It's my girlfriend you're being too close with."

I turned at the sound of Gabriel's obviously jealous and hard voice. My heart acted funnily like it always did.

Maddison arrived behind Gabriel which made me jealous now. What was she doing with Gabriel?

I stepped away from Zach and walked towards Gabriel. "Why did it take you do long?" I asked, taking the bag of drinks from his hand as I desperately tried to change the topic. The atmosphere was starting to get awkward with Gabriel and Zach glaring at each other and Maddison looking at all of us with a confused face.

"Well I do have the rights being her best friend." Zach retorted to his previous question which made Gabriel's glare intensify the more.

"Zach!" I warned. He looked at me hardly before turning away.

"Let's go Maddi."

Maddison looked at Gabriel one last time before running towards Zach towards the backyard.

"What was th-" Before I could say anything, Gabriel pulled me by my wrist into the house and closed the door before pinning me against it and capturing my lips.

What the actual fuck?

His kiss was not at all gentle but rough and passionate. It was as if he was...angry. Our lips were moving but I was not able to keep up with it even though it sent waves of pleasure down my body. It was the first time he was kissing me this rough.

Not being able to breathe, I pushed Gabriel away from me and we both breathed heavily, his forehead resting against mine.

"Are....you....jealous?" I asked, panting heavily but a small smirk evident on my face.

He opened his eyes and I almost stopped breathing with the intensity in his stare. It was scary yet the emotions swirling with passion in those blue orbs were beautiful. It made me gulp involuntarily.

The next thing he did after the intense stare was he hugged me. His forehead resting on my shoulder and a tight grip around my waist kind of hug. None the less, I almost swooned. I should really try to keep my hormones at bay.

"Of course I was jealous. I'm the only man you're suppose to let you touch. Not even he is allowed." He said, sulking like a little kid.

I let out a laugh. "Why are you suddenly being so possessive? You're hiding something from me?" I teased, stroking his soft hair.

He didn't reply instantly. Instead, his grip on my waist tightened the more making me stop my hand from moving. Why did he react that way?

He was hiding something from me right?