Chapter 19

i will never forget the moment I realised I loved you•

"WHAT THE FUCK?!"

I glanced at Lara from the position I was lying on the carpeted floor then closed my eyes again. I didn't want to explain myself right now.

"What are you doing laying like that? I thought you were a corpse." She scolded; walking away, mumbling something along the lines of 'should not watch horror movies anymore'.

I was bored.

Out of my mind.

I reached home last night with Gabriel and I directly went to bed after calling all my friends and informing them for my well being. Kiara didn't even know I had gone  somewhere. But I got to tell everyone except Zach. I couldn't reach him at all, no matter how many times I tried to.

I glanced at my phone lying beside me, from the corner of my eye and picked it up before calling Zach's number. I wanted to see him. Maybe I missed him and turning down his offer was making me feel guilty.

He picked up after the fourth ring and I grinned.

"Hey Za-"

"Elliana?" A female voice asked. More specifically, the voice of a beatiful blonde. Maddison?

What was she doing with Zach's phone so early in the morning?

"Hey Maddison. Um...is Zach there?" I mumbled, feeling annoyed for some reason.

"Sorry. He left his phone here. I was about to go give it to him. I'm really sorry." She apologetically said. He was over at her house? Why?

What irked me most was that the way she apologised sounded genuine. I could not trace the smugness or the pride in her voice. Darn it!

"Oh. What...did you guys do?" I asked, carefully. I didn't want to sound jealous at all but it was not helping.

"I invited him since he was feeling bored because you were not there." She giggled. The information somehow made my heart race a little. "We just hung out, talked about the part of our lives where we missed out on each other and since it was so late, he stayed the night. I feel like I have come to know about Zach a lot more than before."

My chest constricted painfully at the way she said it. She was a part of Zach's past life and probably knew more about him than any other person here. Even me.

I bit my lip and looked down. "That sounded fun. Anyways, I'll call him later. Bye."

"Alright. I'll tell him you called when I get there." I could feel the smile on her face when she said that.

She was too nice for her own good. And it annoyed me to an extent.

I sighed as I disconnected the call. I wish I was on some random adventure with Zach right now. I really needed that.

Lara entered the living room again and rolled her eyes as she saw me in the same position. "Do something. Don't look like you don't have anything to do. Go work hard on getting close to Zach or something." She scowled and walked away again.

Zach? Should I go over to his house?

That is actually a good idea.

I grinned and stood up from the floor. "Thank you Lara." I called out as I headed upstairs.

Taking a quick shower, I stood in front of my closet as I pulled out random clothes. I knew I had to look good infront of him but he would act all suspicious if I suddenly over dressed myself. One sided love was really tiring.