Chapter 2.

Cesar Casier as Gabriel O'Neal in the picture.

***

Because I could watch you for a single minute and find a thousand things that I love about you•

"Why do we have to share the same class?"

"Because we're meant to be. You don't know that? I thought we had something special." Brett gasped, a distressed expression on his face. He was such a drama queen.

"No. We have nothing special be-"

"-because your heart is already set for Zach. Yeah. I know." He waved me off before turning to the girl behind him and started flirting with her. How could he flirt so much? God! This boy.

I started doodling on my notebook, having nothing better to do. Since today was the first day, the teachers were pretty chill except for going through the topics for the year. I had Zach only in English and it sucked. It would have been nice if we shared some more classes together.

The opening of a door caught my attention but I ignored it. Must be the peon. I smiled as I jotted down Zach's name on a clean page and charted a heart around it. I even giggled. I quickly composed myself and started doodling some more.

The girls in my class suddenly squealed, making me look around. What was the big deal?

I glanced at the front of the classroom and now I realised what the big deal was. It was a boy. A hot one to be exact.

His hair was kinda short, kept messy and looked like pure dark chocolate. The colour was so rich. He had a chiseled face, a bit of roughness in it, but his eyes were beautiful. I could not see what colour they were from where I was sitting but the light colour made it look beautiful even from this far. He also seemed to be tall. Almost Zach's height. His leather jacket and the glare he was giving off to everyone in class gave me the feeling that he was someone who didn't really look forward to associate with people. Someone who wanted to be left alone.

Well too bad, I was going to talk to him. What to say, I love making new friends. Especially new students. They always had stories to tell. Hope he doesn't hate people would much that he would not even talk to me.

"Attention class." Mrs. Davis spoke, although everyone already had their attention set because of the new hot boy in school. Our school had it's fair share of good looking guys but the last time everyone got interested was when Zach arrived and it had already been a year.

"Will you please int-"

"I don't want to. They don't need to know who I am." The boy cut her off.

Mrs. Davis looked appalled but she composed herself. Maybe this guy was the first one who ever talked back to her.

"I understand. But it's custom for every new kid to introduce themselves on their first day." She explained, her voice relatively calm. She was trying not to get angry. I could see it and so could Brett because he was quietly snickering next to me.

"It's not important." The guy grumbled, but audible enough for the whole class to quietly laugh.

Mrs. Davis' ears turned red like it always did when she got really angry. I could literally see smoke emerging from her ears. I low-fived Brett while we both snickered again.

"I will not allow you to disrespect me in front of my class young man. Now do the introductions." She huffed, crossing her arms and throwing him a glare.

The guy rolled his eyes at the teacher before giving out a huge sigh and looking at the ground.

"I'm Gabriel O'Neal. From New York." He simply said and fell silent.